PDA

View Full Version : NHL's financial woes.

Ankf00
02-12-04, 04:53 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=71945&hubName=nhl

damn... new bargaining agreement needs to be reached and QUICK!!

Chaos
02-12-04, 05:49 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=71945&hubName=nhl

damn... new bargaining agreement needs to be reached and QUICK!!

I doubt it's that low. Modifying financial statements can do interesting things to the numbers. That said, the financial structure of the NHL is out of whack. Players salaries have increased while interest has decreased. Definitely a recipe for financial ruin.

dando
02-12-04, 09:11 PM
It's sad that both sides can't come to an agreement before the train wreck that's aboot (sic) to happen happens. There is no pot of gold @ the end of the rainbow for the NHL, as I strongly, strongly doubt revenues will increase when the TV package comes up for renewal. Owners and players need to stabilize the financials and then fix the game. I find the talk about rules changes foolish in the face of the upcoming labor strife. And just when my boys in Cbus were showing promise with Nash and Zherdev. :(

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
02-12-04, 09:25 PM
WOW! :eek:
an actual ceebeejay fan!
i'm amazed!

dando
02-12-04, 10:36 PM
WOW! :eek:
an actual ceebeejay fan!
i'm amazed!
Yup. Long suffering for almost four years now. ;) Originally a Phlyers fan, so that makes me a really long suffering Phan. :( Adopted the CBJs as the hometown team, but I still follow Philly pretty close. You've gotta admit that Nasher is a pretty darn sweet youngster. Reminds me of a young Mario, and Zherdev does things with his hands that are just unbelievable.

-Kevin

Racing Truth
02-13-04, 06:11 PM
My guess is the NHL will cease to exist in about 2 yrs. In it's place, I've heard that folks are trying to restart the old WHA.

RTKar
02-13-04, 08:33 PM
Bill Wirtz the TG like owner of the once great Blackhawks claims his team is losing money, another report say's otherwise. In his accounting method he doesn't include concessions of which he gets half I believe. Until the list of teams is published, I won't believe a thing the lawyers and accountants say. :rolleyes: