PDA

View Full Version : St. Pete in jeopardy again

tllips
02-12-04, 10:51 AM
Apparently, according to this article (http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/12/Southpinellas/Race_stuck_at_the_sta.shtml) Tom Begley needs to drop his suit before OWRS will run the race. The City wants to move forward but this Begley guy doesn't think the race can be pulled off by May 16. HE also thinks the IRL is a viable option for future races! FTG must have given him a sip of the kool-aid!!! :flame:

KLang
02-12-04, 11:04 AM
Arggh. I've got motel reservations already.

Hey paper, go take care of this guy. :mad:

Steve99
02-12-04, 04:42 PM
I don't understand what grounds Begley has to sue over? Sounds like he is/was no longer in charge of anything.

mueber
02-13-04, 05:45 PM
Arggh. I've got motel reservations already.

Hey paper, go take care of this guy. :mad:

I did that for the February date. Boy, I was looking forward to that. Now this. I think I'll wait until practice starts before I make up my mind about going to St. Pete's.

KLang
02-13-04, 05:51 PM
I did that for the February date. Boy, I was looking forward to that. Now this. I think I'll wait until practice starts before I make up my mind about going to St. Pete's.

I did not pay in advance for the motel for either date fortunatly. I do still have my plane tickets for next week though. I'm hoping to exchange them for the new date if they'd just get the thing settled.

RTKar
02-13-04, 08:40 PM
One of the very few street courses I like....... :shakehead

cart7
02-13-04, 09:46 PM
One of the very few street courses I like....... :shakehead
exactly.

TravelGal
02-13-04, 10:00 PM
Just read the article. What a load that guy is carrying. He was "mislead" about the profits? Or he saw how much it can make and wants to keep his finger in the pie. There are other organizations? I didn't notice any big ovals in St. Pete when I was there. May is a bad time because the retireess will be heading home? Yeah, lots of senior citizens at a Champ Car race. Those walkers have wheels ya know. :shakehead