PDA

View Full Version : Change in location for CBus/LBGP

DjDrOmusic
02-11-04, 04:05 PM
I just finished the begging, and I have wide screens, booze, sound, booze, food and booze!! The new home of the OC race watch party for Long Beach is Bumpers on Bethel Road. Some of you have been there before, those who haven't it's not that hard to get to. JB, the owner, only asks that we consider buying a ticket for a custom bike he is giving away with proceeds going to Hope Street Kids Cancer Research. The food is really good, he has a gazillion different beers on tap and I have been assured there will be no sound problem, now that the races are all on CBS/Spike. The place is also a hangout for a certain race team in Hilliard(no not the fan club, the actual team) so you can see things like Herta's Vasserized nose cone and a full Lola body in MGD colors. I will get some stuff to give away, and one thought, since JB is willing to let us gather there and his favorite charity is Hope Street Kids Cancer Research, what would any of you think about a charity auction of items to help raise a little money for them?? Let me know what you think. Bumpers is located at 1138 Bethel Road just off st. rt. 315. This sort of centrally located in CBus. If you need specific directions from where you are driving in from just PM and I'll give you directions to the front door. So Who's Coming???? :D :thumbup:

Railbird
02-11-04, 05:49 PM
Good call on the charity Dr.

Give a purpose to the party.

rocket
02-11-04, 05:50 PM
I'll be there, I'll look for directions later. No problem helping out any cause for the kids, they're the future...fans among other things.

I hope there's a hotel within' staggering distance. :D

DjDrOmusic
03-06-04, 12:49 AM
Got confirmation from Rocketsports that they will be sending some giveaways. :cool:

Lizzerd
03-06-04, 02:28 AM
Cool!!!

Lookin' for a good party. Can't wait.

Twisty Bits
03-07-04, 02:31 PM
I'll be there with bells on. :thumbup:

flobee1kenobi
03-08-04, 11:50 AM
At least with the bells, we know where you are on the kart track! :laugh:

Twisty Bits
03-09-04, 11:49 PM
At least with the bells, we know where you are on the kart track! :laugh:
Ya, in the tires, where you'll put me. :rofl:

Lizzerd
03-09-04, 11:58 PM
Farmers do that with their cows. Cow bells. So they know where they are. Anybody else see the connection here? :)

DjDrOmusic
03-23-04, 01:33 AM
I got a nice package of stuff from Rocketsports today for the race watch party. By the way, there was some concern about Bumpers closing. It hasn't, just a name change, same owners just more emphasis on being a bar and less on being a restaurant. :)

DjDrOmusic
03-27-04, 04:27 PM
Thought I would post this Email that I recieved friom John Barry, the owner of Bumpers, which is now called 1138.."WE HAVE CHANGED THE NAME, BUT WE STILL WILL SHOW THE RACE, NO PROBLEM.THE DECOR IS TOTALLY CHANGED AS WELL, PLEASE LET THE CRAPPYS AND OFFCAMBER MEMBERS KNOW THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AND THAT CHAMPCAR RULES, THE IRL DROOLS! THANKS JERRY, J.B." :D :thumbup:

rocket
04-05-04, 04:26 AM
cool....now for the hotels :)