Turn7
02-10-04, 04:30 PM
Now resolves to www.champcarworldseries.com

Little things are getting done.

Steve99
02-12-04, 04:31 PM

It looks like owrs.com was already taken. Too bad.

JoeBob
02-12-04, 04:34 PM
I seriously wonder if we'll ever see the phrase "Open Wheel Racing Series" anywhere but legal paperwork. It isn't a very marketable name, and the last thing ChampCar needs is another nonsensical acronym.

FCYTravis
02-12-04, 04:41 PM
Agreed, JoeBob... I think "Champ Car" will continue to be the marketing name, OWRS just sounds so... anonymous.

Mike Kellner
02-12-04, 04:44 PM
Expect the people over at TrackForum to call it OWRS for all eternity, if not O^RS.

»ò :laugh:

KLang
02-12-04, 04:45 PM
The folks in Wilkeville are still too busy talking finances. :rolleyes:

Turn7
02-12-04, 04:57 PM
We sure have a lot of Houston people on this board.

I thought street races only had party goers in the stands and not fans. Seems that several are around years after the party, could that awful track actually introduced a racing series to somebdy and made them a fan?

Klang
Wheel-Nut
TypeS
Turn7
Ank...I'll count you even though your at school out of town
Anymore Houstonians?

KLang
02-12-04, 05:03 PM
Turn7, I'm the new improved version of Type-S. :)

I only made it to the last Houston race but was a fan long before that.

Ankf00
02-12-04, 05:11 PM
hey now, you can't be improved if you're new, and you can't new if you were already around to have been improved ;)

and ya, 4 houston champ car fans sounds like plenty for a non socal southern place :)

MAXAR RE
02-12-04, 05:35 PM
:thumbup: It's about time! I thought the 12th would never get here! Now, if they could just buy ChampCar.com from Burke, then all will be right on the Internet side of the series.

(BTW- champcar.com is now just a spash page giveing you the option to go to cart.com or to speedcenter.com. He hasn't updated the content in a while.)

MAXAR RE
02-12-04, 05:37 PM
People in Houston suck. Except my mom, cause she lives there. And except Turn7- he's cool. So everyone except these two people in Houston suck.

Sincerely - A Dallas-site. :D ;)

pchall
02-12-04, 05:38 PM

TG

It might have resolved to 7G... :D

Turn7
02-12-04, 05:43 PM
People in Houston suck. Except my mom, cause she lives there. And except Turn7- he's cool. So everyone except these two people in Houston suck.

I can vouch that Wheel-Nut is in the cool crowd too. Ank, he's just a college kid that doesn't know jack smack except for what is written in books. I won't automatically promote him to the cool list just yet. :p

He is living in Texas and going to college, so we know he is book smart and has some common sense going for him.

KLang
02-12-04, 05:47 PM

You're just jealous we had the super bowl. :p

Turn7
02-12-04, 05:48 PM
And have the MLB All-Star Game and World Series yet to come this year.

Wheel-Nut
02-12-04, 06:32 PM
I can vouch that Wheel-Nut is in the cool crowd too. Ank, he's just a college kid that doesn't know jack smack except for what is written in books. I won't automatically promote him to the cool list just yet. :p

He is living in Texas and going to college, so we know he is book smart and has some common sense going for him.

Oh man, I can feel the LOVE!!

Hey T7, what is the link to the OC banned for life list?

Turn7
02-12-04, 08:09 PM
?? Temple of Doom or something like that is what people were calling it.

I think it may have been trashed to protect the innocent.

theunions
02-13-04, 02:19 AM
As an ex-Austinite, I still regard Houston as my home race.

Now...when do we get our home race back?!?!? :mad:

Ankf00
02-13-04, 07:14 AM
eh, I'm not taking any smack talk from dallas :mad: wankerarsed materialistic shallow jealous folk!!!

;)

and I call 95+ wins for 'stros, wooo!

damiandoan
02-14-04, 04:57 AM
:shakehead :)

DD

Phantom
02-14-04, 09:48 AM
Hey,
Another CART fan from Houston! Another refugee from 7G. Glad to be here. Post #1

Cam
02-14-04, 11:24 AM
:shakehead :)

DD

WOW! He does still live! :thumbup:

damiandoan
02-14-04, 12:44 PM
WOW! He does still live! :thumbup:

Just living in the shadows...

DD

4wheeldrifter
02-14-04, 03:21 PM
I seriously wonder if we'll ever see the phrase "Open Wheel Racing Series" anywhere but legal paperwork. It isn't a very marketable name, and the last thing ChampCar needs is another nonsensical acronym.

Agreed. OWRS is a lowsy acronym; doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

ChampCar should get the nod.

jonovision_man
02-14-04, 05:15 PM
Agreed. OWRS is a lowsy acronym; doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

ChampCar should get the nod.

"ChampCar" always sounded a bit goofy... like sarcastically saying "way to go champ.

Although I'm scared what these guys might come up with, after "Motorrock" :rolleyes:

jono