PDA

View Full Version : Molson Indy Toronto

anait
02-10-04, 04:11 PM
w00t!!! Ordered our race tickets and our plane tickets today!!! :thumbup: :D Mr anait is searching for hotel deals right now. Might stay in Burlington, take the go train. I can't WAIT!!!!! :cool:

anait
02-11-04, 06:10 PM
So, any other OCers going?? Our seats are somewhere in Sec 21. We're arriving around noon Friday, heading straight for the track. :thumbup: Well, I guess we'll drop off our luggage first... :D

Robstar
02-12-04, 08:40 PM
I wish... :)

http://www.chadwickmodels.com.au/images/models_large/Kien_Chau_02.jpg

KLang
02-12-04, 08:45 PM
:eek:

I'll take a Molson Dry please.

JT265
02-13-04, 12:53 AM
anait, we'll get up a big gang for the Toronto race, guaranteed! I may have to invite a Molson Dry girl tho, they look a little dehydrated. :eek:

<pssst! I may even have to break down and buy a ticket this year so's I don't irritate my bandmates. >

:D

chop456
02-13-04, 02:45 AM
Know the toe! :eek:

Lizzerd
02-13-04, 03:02 AM
...the camel toe!

Robstar
02-13-04, 03:41 AM
Ya gotta take the good with bad....

Um... I mean take the brew with the toe... um I mean...

I can't wait for Surfers baby ! :cool:

Playersfan
02-14-04, 12:58 PM
So, any other OCers going?? Our seats are somewhere in Sec 21. We're arriving around noon Friday, heading straight for the track. :thumbup: Well, I guess we'll drop off our luggage first... :D
Hi Anait!Toronto is my home race and I'll be there on GS 11, I like to be close to the paddock and the main beer tent that features the main stage for the rock bands and the beach volley ball court on thunder alley and were our beautiful Molson Canadian girls visit frequently and just to clarify Toronto has the Molson Canadian girls while Montreal features the Molson Dry girls.
Your location on GS 21 at pit exit and turn 1 is probably the best place to be to see some passing,I was there to see Zanardi come from the back and pass a car a lap at that location to go on and win the race with a last lap pass at turn 3 of the now knight of the dark side Andretti.I live in St Catharines and drive to Oakville for the Go train .There isn't Go train service from Burlington on week-ends,you must take a Go Bus from there to Oakville,much better get a hotel room there.See you there and if you have the time come down a week early and you can catch the night race in Cleveland .Ciao Playersfan :) :cool:

fourrunner
02-14-04, 03:15 PM
I'll be there! ..... 3rd visit ..... Great Fun..... Great Food.....Great Friends!!!

Railbird
02-14-04, 10:55 PM
I figured one would have to attend the Bahrain GP to see a camel toe that well defined.;)..

The Toronto Champ Car round is on my "possible" list

Chaos
02-14-04, 11:15 PM
hey anait, why are you staying in burlington?

anait
02-16-04, 04:02 PM
hey anait, why are you staying in burlington?

It was just an idea - until we found out that the go train doesn't run to Burlington on the weekend (see above). We're looking everywhere around T-O for the best deal, we're on a tight budget. We've had some great recommendations we're checking out. :)

SID
02-16-04, 09:11 PM
I have passed this one along before (on the number-letter site).
Cheap (all rates quoted in Canadian $), Friendly, safe and clean.
Not super-deluxe. On the edge of Chinatown.

http://www.alexandrahotel.com/

anait
02-16-04, 09:33 PM
I have passed this one along before (on the number-letter site).
Cheap (all rates quoted in Canadian $), Friendly, safe and clean.
Not super-deluxe. On the edge of Chinatown.

http://www.alexandrahotel.com/

Yep, that one's on our list. Thanks for the link, SID. :thumbup:

jonovision_man
02-16-04, 10:53 PM
It was just an idea - until we found out that the go train doesn't run to Burlington on the weekend (see above). We're looking everywhere around T-O for the best deal, we're on a tight budget. We've had some great recommendations we're checking out. :)

The GO train goes to Oakville on the weekends, the drive from Burlington to there is reasonable (10mins) and there's free parking at the Oakville GO parking lot.

(There's also a GO bus from Burlington to Oakville that connects with the train, although it adds about 1/2 an hour to the trip each way...)

jono

mello
03-06-04, 07:37 PM
I'll be there! ..... 3rd visit ..... Great Fun..... Great Food.....Great Friends!!!
Have you stayed at the Crowne since they changed to Intercontinental? And is that where you are staying this year? Just starting to plan and looks like the prices really went up from what we have paid in the past.

fourrunner
03-07-04, 09:22 PM
Have you stayed at the Crowne since they changed to Intercontinental? And is that where you are staying this year? Just starting to plan and looks like the prices really went up from what we have paid in the past.

Wow Mello , I hadn't heard it changed... I haven't made arrangements yet, but I will be in the next week or so... The Inter Continental is part of the same chain though.... I'd better get online & check to see if its worth the extra money! I have their "frequent stay card" so not sure what the prices will be.

I liked the Crowne Plaza, but in the end it was a place to sleep, so I'm not married to the place... Great Views though of the Lakeshore.

Looking forward to seeing you again! :thumbup:

I'll let you know what I find

Tim
04-21-04, 01:33 PM
I'll be there. Bruce we need to eat cheaper this year. No more expensive french steakhouses. :D

Jay
04-25-04, 02:34 PM
If you're not picky about the room - ie you just want a clean place to sleep with bathroom and TV, the Bond Place Hotel is very well located (near the Eaton Centre - Dundas & Yonge) and quite reasonably priced. Best way to get to the track is to take the Subway down to Union, and then take the Harbourfront street car - usually around 30 minutes from the hotel.

http://www.bondplacehoteltoronto.com/

RHR_Fan
04-29-04, 08:04 PM
I'll be there. Bruce we need to eat cheaper this year. No more expensive french steakhouses. :D

True. I'd invite myself to join you guys, but I'm cheap and I don't want to spend lots of $$$ on food. :p

~Nicole

fourrunner
04-29-04, 08:22 PM
True. I'd invite myself to join you guys, but I'm cheap and I don't want to spend lots of $$$ on food. :p

~Nicole

Rahalnut & RHR_Fan

We don't have to spend tons on food ... We'll pick a place that everyone can afford ... Just so long as its not McDonald's ;)

anait
04-29-04, 09:25 PM
We don't have to spend tons on food ... We'll pick a place that everyone can afford ... Just so long as its not McDonald's ;)

Awwwwww....... :gomer:

Cruella
06-02-04, 08:39 PM

Mr. Toad and I could bring some Gummy Worms

Dirty Sanchez
06-03-04, 10:20 AM
I'm having a kegger that weekend in Chicago if any of you scumbags are in the vicinity. :thumbup:

anait
06-30-04, 01:03 AM
Okay, OCers...where and when should we meet?? Friday night dinner, Saturday lunch? A restuarant called Spring Roll was recommended to us...any suggestions from the locals?? :)

devilmaster
07-05-04, 02:04 PM
Well, I won't be able to make it this year....

Have a pint of Keith's for me, and i'll see everyone down the road.

Steve

p.s. The Armadillo restaurant was great. Just don't try and match 4rnr's eating ability. My fat ass couldn't do it. He ain't human, i tells ya. ;)

Steve

anait
07-08-04, 04:48 PM
We'll be arriving tomorrow via Air Canada, around 11:30am. We're staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East. After dropping our luggage in our room and grabbing a bite to eat, we'll be getting our weekend transit passes and heading to the track, hopefully in time for ChampCar qualifying at 2pm. We're in Section 21.

I hope to have some kinda sign on my little backpack or tote bag saying 'anait'. Below is a link to a cuurent pic of me. Mr anait (aka xhead) looks a lot like Steve, but is 6'4, wears glasses and has a taller forehead. :D He might be wearing an Arrivederci Mario off-white T-shirt.

Me - http://community.webshots.com/photo/151879182/151880113BgDWgG

fourrunner
07-14-04, 10:08 PM
Well, I won't be able to make it this year....

Have a pint of Keith's for me, and i'll see everyone down the road.

Steve

p.s. The Armadillo restaurant was great. Just don't try and match 4rnr's eating ability. My fat ass couldn't do it. He ain't human, i tells ya. ;)

Steve

Steve - Went to Armadillo's and didn't have the Big Prime Rib, but did have the 24 oz. Porterhouse .... Yummmmm ! :)

Sorry you couldn't come this time ... maybe next year!! :thumbup:

fourrunner
07-14-04, 10:09 PM
We'll be arriving tomorrow via Air Canada, around 11:30am. We're staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East. After dropping our luggage in our room and grabbing a bite to eat, we'll be getting our weekend transit passes and heading to the track, hopefully in time for ChampCar qualifying at 2pm. We're in Section 21.

I hope to have some kinda sign on my little backpack or tote bag saying 'anait'. Below is a link to a cuurent pic of me. Mr anait (aka xhead) looks a lot like Steve, but is 6'4, wears glasses and has a taller forehead. :D He might be wearing an Arrivederci Mario off-white T-shirt.

Me - http://community.webshots.com/photo/151879182/151880113BgDWgG

Anait - Great to meet you and Mr. Anait ! Sorry I made the "paper car" so expensive ;) :thumbup: