PDA

View Full Version : IMS adding more parking

JLMannin
02-10-04, 12:41 PM
More parking (http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/119436-6319-009.html) must be needed for the BY400.

Hink
02-10-04, 01:04 PM
Love that last paragraph.

pchall
02-10-04, 01:32 PM
The IMS definition of "good neighbors" must include cutting into all the locals' parking money for the use of their yards on race days.

rabbit
02-10-04, 03:02 PM
Love that last paragraph.

Debra Wilcox of the family-owed Wilcox Mobile Home Park said Speedway representatives "talked to us a year or two ago and offered a ridiculous amount. It was the same we'd paid for the park. So we sent them away. It sounded like they wanted something for nothing." Hehe, kinda reminded me of this...
http://www.valvoline.com/pages/racing/rn_article_viewer.asp?nid=1468

To: Tony George — A Harvard M.B.A. to clean-up the IRL's underperforming sales and marketing departments. In the aftermath of last year's embarrassing SportsBusiness Journal survey (the IRL came in below the median score in 13 of 16 categories used to assess sponsor satisfaction in their relationship with major sports leagues) comes yet another example of which I have personal knowledge: A former Indy 500 driver last summer considered starting a team and already employed a successful team manager/chief mechanic. Their research included a trip to Indianapolis and a meeting with a League "sales and business development" staffer. According to the visitor, "I got the feeling this guy thought we were wasting his time." Nothing was accomplished and the prospective owner soon lost interest. I don't care if Tony has enough dollars to bid on the assets of CART or mineral rights on Mars, until he deals with his company's internal cultural and personnel issues, the Indy Car series won't advance one centimeter.
Tony George has had nine years to destroy CART. He has taken many of its top teams, many of its top drivers, and two engine manufacturers/ marketing partners. TG had a chance to put the final nail in the coffin two weeks ago and F-ed that up too. All along the way he squandered millions of the family fortune. Why would anyone want to let such a piss-poor businessman run open-wheel racing? :shakehead

Steve99
02-13-04, 04:30 PM
Was razing the Steak n Shake part of the vision?

Ziggy
02-13-04, 06:01 PM
I find it ironic that Tony feels the need to make more parking when he has run almost all the fans off. Brickyard demand is down, the Indy 500 is dead and only Bernie knows how long the USGP will stay in town.

I think the golf course did it.............

Ziggy