PDA

View Full Version : Paging WB, I've got news for you......

Fitti Fan
02-09-04, 01:14 AM
I need your current address. BMEP and I have news for you. And we also must thank you greatly. :)

Fitti Fan
02-09-04, 03:39 PM
Okie doke, now that I've found WB's address, I can let the rest of you in on it.

Quite some time ago, Wicker Bill started a photo page on Seventh Gear. I submitted a photo about three years ago. (Something that is totally out of character for me to do.) This initiated some chatting between me and a guy some of you know as BMEP. He was in Illinois, I was in California. Needless to say, we started visiting and believe it or not, I moved to Illinois this last October. (From California, can you believe it? He must be a great guy! ;) )

Last night, BMEP proposed!!!! :eek:

So thank you Wicker Bill for bringing us two CART fans together. You've made us two VERY happy people!!

turn1
02-09-04, 04:07 PM
Okie doke, now that I've found WB's address, I can let the rest of you in on it.

Quite some time ago, Wicker Bill started a photo page on Seventh Gear. I submitted a photo about three years ago. (Something that is totally out of character for me to do.) This initiated some chatting between me and a guy some of you know as BMEP. He was in Illinois, I was in California. Needless to say, we started visiting and believe it or not, I moved to Illinois this last October. (From California, can you believe it? He must be a great guy! ;) )

So thank you Wicker Bill for bringing us two CART fans together. You've made us two VERY happy people!!

CONGRATS!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

nz_climber
02-09-04, 04:14 PM
Congrats :thumbup: may your marrige and champcars go on forever :)

now where can i submit my photo ;)

Turn7
02-09-04, 04:58 PM
Neat story and congratulations.

I hope you have a blessed life together.

anait
02-09-04, 05:26 PM
Congratulations!!!! :) Honeymoon at a race, maybe?? 'Best Wishes' painted on one of the cars?? :D :thumbup:

racer2c
02-09-04, 05:38 PM
Very cool! Two Champ Car fans coming together is a beautiful thing. I'm thankful that my wife is a huge Champ Car fan (actually she's very petite. Badabum). It makes the race season much more enjoyable. ;)

racer2c
02-09-04, 05:40 PM
I remember that photo page! I was on there myself. Is it time for an OC version? :D :eek:

devilmaster
02-09-04, 05:52 PM
I remember that photo page! I was on there myself. Is it time for an OC version? :D :eek:

thought we did once.

Congrats fitti fan and bmep too. :thumbup:

Steve

rocket
02-09-04, 05:55 PM
Congrats to both of you. :D

Don Quixote
02-09-04, 05:56 PM
Cool story! :cool:

nz_climber
02-09-04, 05:57 PM
thought we did once.

Steve

same, but it seems to have disappeard (or you guys just hide it from me
:confused: )

Turn7
02-09-04, 06:04 PM
thought we did once.

Steve

DamianDoan put one together before he disappeared into the great cyber void.

I saw that he poked his head in the other day so maybe, he'll be open to adding some photos if you send them to him.

http://www.villarrealdoan.com/ocmembership.htm

IlliniRacer
02-09-04, 06:44 PM
I did the last one for 7thgear 7thG Photo (http://www.kaufmanntechnologies.com/7gphoto/)

I would be willing to do it again and host one for the OC crew if anyone is interested

lone_groover
02-09-04, 06:58 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW. What a great story!

Now I gotta go cool off them cockles.

:thumbup: :) :thumbup:

chop456
02-09-04, 11:41 PM
When I read this, I thought it was FittiNut and I was reaching for the phone to call the police. :D

Congrats, FF and BMEP!

Kiwifan
02-10-04, 01:26 AM
Congrats Fitti, you were always a 'good 'un.' :)

Take care,

Rusty.

Brickman
02-10-04, 12:00 PM
Congratulations.

Pretty darn cool, something fun to pass along to the children someday, may help explain why one is named WickerBill. ;) ;)

WickerBill
02-10-04, 12:14 PM
FFan, many congratulations to you and BMEP! Glad I could play a little role in it.

"This internet thing, it's a fad, it will pass like the hula-hoop." -- My Dad, 1999

Brickman
02-10-04, 12:42 PM
I hope we get an invite to the... well... um.. um... Wedding Registry. :)

BMEP
02-10-04, 01:11 PM
All I can say is:

Whoooo Hoooo!!!!! I'm a lucky guy!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody!

And, most of all... Thanks Fitti!!!!!!

Okay, who's up for a wedding at Laguna? :)

rabbit
02-10-04, 03:34 PM
http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/otn/love/smlove2.gif
Ain't love grand?!
Congrats you two crazy kids! :D:thumbup:

manic mechanic
02-10-04, 08:31 PM

Congrats Rob and Mar. I guess I was about 15 months early when I asked if you two were an "item" at the fontana race. :D

Hope to see you two sometime this year..at a race!

manic

Ankf00
02-10-04, 09:46 PM
All I can say is:

Whoooo Hoooo!!!!! I'm a lucky guy!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody!

And, most of all... Thanks Fitti!!!!!!

Okay, who's up for a wedding at Laguna? :)

chickening out on monaco eh? ;)

can't blame you, after looking at diamond costs when helping my buddy get his engagement ring this weekend... :eek: :eek: !!!!!1

JoeBob
02-10-04, 09:55 PM
Hold up, gang! She said he proposed, she didn't tell us what the answer was!

;)

Congrats you two.

nz_climber
02-10-04, 10:46 PM
Hold up, gang! She said he proposed, she didn't tell us what the answer was!

;)

Congrats you two.

That is true, so I still got a chance, just wait till my photo is up ;)

TRDfan
02-11-04, 12:28 AM
Big Congratulations to both of you.

Seems there are more and more "connections" being made in our online world all the time.

Fitti - now you can check out some midwestern tracks like RA, I think you may have a lanyard from there.

BMEP
02-11-04, 10:38 AM
...and the answer is...

YES!!!

:)

Fitti Fan
02-11-04, 12:13 PM
Fitti - now you can check out some midwestern tracks like RA, I think you may have a lanyard from there.

I sure do TRD, still have it!!! Believe me, we've already been talking about RA. I now have the opportunity to meet all you midwestern CART fans.

Ank, as far as chickening out on Monaco, Laguna gives all my California CART fans the opportunity to attend!!!! Speaking of Laguna, Wicker Bill, you don't happen to have one of those on-line minister licenses do you?

Yeah Manic, you knew all the time!!! :D

M

Wheel-Nut
02-11-04, 01:00 PM
chickening out on monaco eh? ;)

can't blame you, after looking at diamond costs when helping my buddy get his engagement ring this weekend... :eek: :eek: !!!!!1

You bought your buddy an engagement ring?? :rofl: Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ankf00
02-11-04, 01:34 PM
You bought your buddy an engagement ring?? :rofl: Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

GOD NO!!! YOU SEE HOW MUCH THOSE THINGS COST?!?! I'm not buying one of those for a looooooooooooong time, buddy or no buddy :p ;)

Ankf00
02-11-04, 01:35 PM
I sure do TRD, still have it!!! Believe me, we've already been talking about RA. I now have the opportunity to meet all you midwestern CART fans.

Ank, as far as chickening out on Monaco, Laguna gives all my California CART fans the opportunity to attend!!!! Speaking of Laguna, Wicker Bill, you don't happen to have one of those on-line minister licenses do you?

Yeah Manic, you knew all the time!!! :D

M

Laguna is pretty landscape :)

nz_climber
02-11-04, 02:52 PM
I think a trip to surfers in October would be a great honey moon :D :thumbup:

pinniped
02-11-04, 11:47 PM
Congrats fitti