PDA

View Full Version : ITS BACK!!! The Foyt Futility Thread!

devilmaster
02-07-04, 01:42 PM
We've all been waiting for it to happen. A winter has given way to the funnest game all can play! (parker bros has nothing on us.)

So here we go! According to fanball.com - Today at Daytona practice:

News
Larry Foyt broke down on the track at Daytona International Speedway, bringing a halt to practice.

Views
Before he broke, only one car was slower.

:D
Steve

Spicoli
02-07-04, 03:26 PM
Excellent Steve. :thumbup:

EDwardo
02-07-04, 05:22 PM
http://i.cnn.net/nascar/drivers/dps/lfoyt00/cup/images/lfoyt00_2003_statsChart.gif

http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/lfoyt00/cup/index.html

Biography
When he was growing up, Larry Foyt never thought he'd even have the chance to race cars for a living. His father, legendary racer A.J. Foyt, was always against his children racing.

pchall
02-07-04, 09:19 PM
Damn, Steve, you are in a hurry!

I wasn't planning on busting the cherry on the 2004 Foyt Futility Watch until qualifying and the 125s.

DaveL
02-07-04, 10:22 PM
Only 2 cars are going home this year so Larry just may make the field. If he makes the race, he'll have as much of a chance of winning as Delma Cowart used to.

cart7
02-08-04, 12:54 AM
Seen in Help wanted ad recently:

Wanted, experienced transport driver for Nextel Nascar racing team. Over the road experience preferred. Good driving record a must.
Applicant MUST BE SELF MOTIVATED. Overnight stays a rarity. :gomer:

devilmaster
02-08-04, 01:23 AM
Damn, Steve, you are in a hurry!

I wasn't planning on busting the cherry on the 2004 Foyt Futility Watch until qualifying and the 125s.

Yeah, but Pete, I mean if we waited until the quals and 125's, his stay at Daytona would have pretty much been over and the truck driver would already be warming up the rig. :D

I do admit though, that IIRC, you originated the Foyt Futility thread, and I cut your grass where the thread is concerned. I apologise. :thumbup:

Friends? cool. ;) I still don't think you were a sexy pit babe. sorry. :rofl:

Steve

JT265
02-08-04, 11:02 AM
Cart7, one advantage to running a transporter for Foyt is that you are home days ahead of the competition.

pchall
02-08-04, 01:53 PM
I do admit though, that IIRC, you originated the Foyt Futility thread, and I cut your grass where the thread is concerned. I apologise. :thumbup:

DaveL started the whole deal, I just added to the fun to cover both of the Foyt progeny.

pchall
02-08-04, 08:39 PM
New season, same results:

40. (09) Johnny Benson, Dodge, 184.676 mph.
41. (50) Derrike Cope, Dodge, 184.158 mph.
42. (12) Ryan Newman, Dodge, 184.057 mph.
43. (14) Larry Foyt, Dodge, 182.567 mph.
44. (72) Kirk Shelmerdine, Ford, 180.524 mph.
45. (90) Andy Hillenburg, Ford, 177.515 mph.

On any other weekend Larry would have qualified DFL, almost 1.5 mph slower than 42nd.

But since it's "The Daytoner Fahve Hunnert" he gets a bonus chance this Thursday to wreck himself out of the big show.

devilmaster
02-08-04, 09:08 PM
Here's a question and a half... how many provisionals does he start with this year?

That should tell us how many races will happen till he has to start using the 50 car, and any other car number they can pay for to keep racing..... :rofl:

Steve

scanman
02-08-04, 09:11 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you...
I don't follow the twirl or the taxis, and the report
on the phoits, always brought a perfect end to the
to the racing weekend :thumbup:

DaveL
02-08-04, 09:42 PM
Not since Blackie Wangerin had the rest of the garage up all night wondering how they were going to beat him has a Daytona entry caused as much of a stir as '04 Foyt effort.

cart7
02-08-04, 09:49 PM
Cart7, one advantage to running a transporter for Foyt is that you are home days ahead of the competition.

You'd think having those extra days back in the shop would give the Foyt team more time to better prepare for the next futile effort.......... maybe even make the race w/o a provisional..................

...... then again...... . :gomer:

Racewriter
02-08-04, 10:56 PM
Not since Blackie Wangerin had the rest of the garage up all night wondering how they were going to beat him has a Daytona entry caused as much of a stir as '04 Foyt effort.

Hey, now that is completely unfair!

Blackie actually won races back in Minnesota...:D:D:D

Wheel-Nut
02-09-04, 10:18 AM
Here's a question and a half... how many provisionals does he start with this year?

That should tell us how many races will happen till he has to start using the 50 car, and any other car number they can pay for to keep racing..... :rofl:

Steve

The key here is how long will they be able to run this year? They have yet to secure any sponsorship money.

JT265
02-09-04, 01:07 PM
You'd think having those extra days back in the shop would give the Foyt team more time to better prepare for the next futile effort.......... maybe even make the race w/o a provisional..................

...... then again...... . :gomer:

Problem with that idea is this. The setup notes for a '64 Watson don't cross over to whatever AJ is running worth a damn.

Also, those damn shocks have waaaaay more valving too. :gomer:

JT265
02-09-04, 01:09 PM
Problem with that idea is this. The setup notes for a '64 Watson don't cross over to whatever AJ is running worth a damn.

Also, those damn shocks have waaaaay more valving too. :gomer:

AND.......when you try and talk with AJ about bumps and rebounds, he digresses into a fading memory of a rental car and Linda Vaughn, way back in the day.