PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Stewart - The Flying Scot

racer2c
02-06-04, 11:54 AM
Did anyone catch this on Speed last-night? I love the imagery in the F1 scene from the late 60's through the 70's. So many characters. So much fun. So much danger. Rock and Roll on wheels.

If hadn't been 2 in 1970, I would've been a playa. :cool:

Dirty Sanchez
02-06-04, 12:17 PM
:thumbup:

His voice was permanently tatooed on my brain when I was 5 or 6 watching the I500 broadcasts. I was in his presence at the Canadian Grand Prix a couple years back and hearing that voice in person made me feel like a kid again. Wow!

racer2c
02-06-04, 12:29 PM
My dad gave me a book about international racing in '72. The cover appears to be from the same artist that Jackie had framed over his fireplace. The book was very cool and mostly covered F1 and some sports cars. The really cool thing is that it came with one of those plastic records. I had to put pennies on it to get it to play on my little toy-like turntable. It was race car sounds narrated by, who I thought to be Jackie himself as the voice was identical. But on a forum four or so years ago we someone else mentioned this book and said it wasn't Jackie.

Warlock!
02-06-04, 12:31 PM
Did anyone catch this on Speed last-night?
Saw it a month or so ago... definitely cool, one all Speed viewers should keep an eye out for. :cool:

Winter Warlock!

devilmaster
02-06-04, 02:06 PM
:thumbup:

His voice was permanently tatooed on my brain when I was 5 or 6 watching the I500 broadcasts. I was in his presence at the Canadian Grand Prix a couple years back and hearing that voice in person made me feel like a kid again. Wow!

I know what you mean, crapus. I've mentioned it a couple times before, but my most cherished photo from my racing collection is:

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/stewart.jpg

Detroit Grand Prix, mid 90's. Friday, walking through the paddock. This was when the Canadian GP was the week after Detroit, so the Detroit GP would get a few F1 guys coming down the week prior. It was unreal to be walking down the paddock, and see Jackie just strolling the paddock, like a fan, by himself. It didn't take long for Jackie to draw a crowd.

Steve