PDA

View Full Version : TV deal, what are we looking at?

Railbird
02-05-04, 05:57 PM
Any guesses or realistic info?

Spike sounds good to me as long as it's reasonably live and intact.

If not live for all events what about dish broadcasts?

Accipiter
02-05-04, 06:05 PM
Spike is the rumor. From what Gentilozzi said on Wind Tunnel about having the race on the same time every week, I get the feeling that we are talking about a tape delay. Of course they don't race every week, so I think they might be working a deal including Tans Am too, so that gaps in the Champ Car schedule will be filled with their races.

Lizzerd
02-05-04, 06:08 PM
I wish I knew...

I was expecting a slew of major announcements in the week following the court decision. Hopefully, we'll hear someting positive soon, as I'm sure the guys are working feverishly getting somthing settled.

Accipiter
02-05-04, 06:16 PM
I wish I knew...

I was expecting a slew of major announcements in the week following the court decision. Hopefully, we'll hear someting positive soon, as I'm sure the guys are working feverishly getting somthing settled.

Kevin Kalkhoven:

"Now the hard work begins. We have to address a couple of issues up front.
We are commencing with the paperwork that will lead us to a February 12th
closing date for the Champ Car world Series. After that date, we will
announce our television programming and our schedule immediately."

Railbird
02-05-04, 07:11 PM
I know about the Feb 12 rollout, I was just fishing for some hints on the package. I've got a couple local bars capable of pulling down the broadcast if it isn't shown live.

Lizzerd managed to drag his ass out of bed to catch the second half of the Brands Hatch broadcast with me at McGilvery's. No announcers, but with engine sounds and my laptop feeding T&S it was a good enough excuse to skip out of work and have a few breakfast beers.

SteveH
02-05-04, 07:57 PM
Hope it will be in color. ;)

Turn7
02-05-04, 11:30 PM
Hope it will be in color. ;)

Panavision/Techni-color!

Cam
02-05-04, 11:30 PM
Lizzerd managed to drag his ass out of bed to catch the second half of the Brands Hatch broadcast with me at McGilvery's. No announcers, but with engine sounds and my laptop feeding T&S it was a good enough excuse to skip out of work and have a few breakfast beers.

Why is now the first time I am hearing about this? :saywhat:

Robstar
02-06-04, 12:58 AM
a good enough excuse to skip out of work and have a few breakfast beers.

No shame in that s__t... ;)

Lizzerd
02-06-04, 01:41 AM
Why is now the first time I am hearing about this? :saywhat:

Were you in OC chat at the time? Railbird's updates of the visuals made me say "screw it, it's only a 20 minute drive".

Dirty Sanchez
02-06-04, 10:38 AM
I got a chance to see Brands live too... at a bar in Barcelona. :D

Bartender thought I was nuts at first but by the end of the race I had a good crowd of folks watching it with me. :thumbup:

On topic: I'll be disappointed if we don't get live coverage. :shakehead

Cam
02-06-04, 10:44 AM
Were you in OC chat at the time? Railbird's updates of the visuals made me say "screw it, it's only a 20 minute drive".

Oh wait...... I remember now..... I was working! :cry:

Chaos
02-06-04, 11:06 AM
On topic: I'll be disappointed if we don't get live coverage.

ditto

anait
02-06-04, 11:43 AM
Whereever ChampCar ends up, I'm kinda hoping Canada's Sports Leader isn't in the picture this year. I don't wish for another year of having the live race blacked out because our network was showing it later in the evening. I suppose we were more fortunate than some folks, but it was truly annoying.

jonovision_man
02-06-04, 11:59 AM
Whereever ChampCar ends up, I'm kinda hoping Canada's Sports Leader isn't in the picture this year. I don't wish for another year of having the live race blacked out because our network was showing it later in the evening. I suppose we were more fortunate than some folks, but it was truly annoying.

Agreed! Maybe Sportsnet will pick it up, TSN didn't add much to CART broadcasts anyway. There wouldn't be many conflicts on Sportsnet, since they don't have much of anything other than some regional hockey rights... but that's winter evenings, not summer afternoons.

jono