PDA

View Full Version : Fired for Wearing a Non-Regulation Coat

racer2c
02-04-04, 10:32 AM
It just seems so ridiculously petty to me that I will think twice before dropping a few pesos for a six pack of hard tacos.

In a nut shell, a 17 year old Taco Bell drive through girl was fired for donning her own coat instead of the stores regulation coats that they provide.

The kicker to me is that the Taco Bell corporation hires 'secret police' to insure that such infractions do not occur. You do gotta keep those 17K a year employees in line ya know! ANd how much do you think the 'agent' makes a year. Hmmm.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110369,00.html)

cart7
02-04-04, 11:05 AM
Where I work, we're required to wear a company polo type shirt and khaki slacks. Both of these we have to provide. One day, the corporate suits came in and began to notice that there was quite a bit of disparity between the colors of khaki slacks. This instigated a 2 hour long meeting where they attempted to better define the color khaki. :rolleyes: Needless to say, nothing came from that meeting.

DjDrOmusic
02-04-04, 11:26 AM
My wife was a manager for Taco Bell, or as I affectionately refer to it, House of Hell International, for 12 years. Nothing they would do would surprise me. It was probably time for the drive thru person to get a ten cent an hour raise, so look for any excuse to get rid of them! :shakehead

Ankf00
02-04-04, 12:12 PM
why go to taco hell?

for the same $ of a meal, you can get more and better food at a taqueria, and it sure as hell will be 10x better meat, that's for sure.

Ankf00
02-04-04, 12:13 PM
Taco Hell.

Warlock!
02-04-04, 12:27 PM
for the same $ of a meal, you can get more and better food at a taqueria, and it sure as hell will be 10x better meat, that's for sure.
For those of us living in the rural midwest, might I ask...

WTF is a taqueria???

Winter Warlock!

Dirty Sanchez
02-04-04, 12:39 PM
LOL... an authentic alternative to Taco Bell. There are thousands of taquerias (restaurants) in Chicago.

Ankf00
02-04-04, 12:43 PM
ah, nevermind, forgot that the hispanic population isn't quite so prevalent up there :)

usually they're little mom & pop joints, usually pretty small no-frills building/shack , that serve real mexican food.

but I guess you dont have any, too bad, usually fresh meat prepared correctly. and cheap too!! :D

turn1
02-04-04, 01:17 PM
Avenge of the Toxic Hell Marauders!

Racewriter
02-04-04, 05:12 PM
Where I work, we're required to wear a company polo type shirt and khaki slacks. Both of these we have to provide. One day, the corporate suits came in and began to notice that there was quite a bit of disparity between the colors of khaki slacks. This instigated a 2 hour long meeting where they attempted to better define the color khaki. :rolleyes: Needless to say, nothing came from that meeting.

Yeah, but were you gettin' the cover sheets on your TPS reports?:D:D:D

RichK
02-04-04, 05:25 PM
cart7, I know Racewriter has talked to you about, but we really need you to get those cover sheets on your TPS reports, mmmmmmmmmmmkay?

Greaaaaaaaaaaat.

turn1
02-04-04, 05:28 PM
cart7, I know Racewriter has talked to you about, but we really need you to get those cover sheets on your TPS reports, mmmmmmmmmmmkay?

Greaaaaaaaaaaat.

Uuuhhmmmm, yeah....

rabbit
02-04-04, 05:30 PM

Greaaaaaaaaaaat.
Did you get the memo?

racer2c
02-04-04, 06:58 PM
I was told there would be cake enough for everyone. :confused:

KaBoom21
02-04-04, 08:36 PM
Did you get the memo?

I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob.

Railbird
02-04-04, 10:09 PM
thankfully here in Indy we are blessed with several alternatives to Taco Hell.

But the best deal on the Mexican food front for me is the fact that my wife is the "head grower" (insert joke here) at a local greenhouse and works with a bunch of good Mexican folks. Every so often our friend Julio sends my way a dozen hand made tamales.

Good Lord those things are good.

lone_groover
02-04-04, 10:37 PM
Taco Bell, taquerias and Mexican food in general are a VERY recent culinary option up here in the NYC area. When I was a kid, there was NOTHING.

We're catching up quickly, though. God knows I put away enough bean burritos and vegetable fajitas.

:)

Dirty Sanchez
02-04-04, 11:48 PM
Ate at a taqueria tonite! :burp:

RacinM3
02-05-04, 12:19 AM
I'm going to burn the taqueria down if I don't get my stapler back.......I will burn the taqueria down.

Ankf00
02-05-04, 01:21 AM
Ate at a taqueria tonite! :burp:

sweeeeet. :cool:

that's good eatin'

indyfan31
02-05-04, 01:33 AM
Taco Smell

sadams
02-06-04, 01:23 PM
I was told I could listen to my radio at a reasonable volume.

Dvdb
02-06-04, 04:29 PM
Copier is broken. Can you take a look at it, Sadams?

IlliniRacer
02-06-04, 06:24 PM
Guys, guys, guys. I know you all have alot to discuss, but we have to get this done. If something needs to be changed, talk to your team leader and they will bring it up with me. Oh by way, rabbit. Can I uh talk to you in my office a minute about something?

EDwardo
02-06-04, 10:59 PM
I got food poisoning last time I did Taco Bell. Haven't been back in 10 years.

Fortunately, Kansas City has plenty of real Mexican Restaurants

Classic Apex
02-08-04, 02:56 AM
Not to take this off topic, but I've been through the "secret police" run-around before.

Worked the front desk at a Holiday Inn during college. Imagine this scenario...

You come in to start your shift at 3 on a Friday afternoon. Casually, the person on the 7 am - 3 shift before you informs you that, "I over-sold the hotel by 8 rooms...House-keeping is not even half-way done, and the (expletive deletive) hot-tub is broken again," as they walk out the door.

Allrighty then.

You are the only person working the desk, and before 6 'o clock even rolls around, you simultaneously have a line of 5+ people at the front desk "creatively" using the english language...all 6 phone lines are being juggled on hold...local high school kids are "using" the pool facilites for a roman-esque party.

You gather a milisecond to make an attempt to address the phone situation, only to find the most innocent and helpless 80-year old grandma-type, asking YOU if you can tell her what is on the Sunday morning buffet at the Fort Worth, Texas, Holiday Inn (meanwhlile she is calling you in IOWA TO FIND OUT!!!)

Twenty minutes later the ever so innocent little grandma calls back to inform you that you, as a Holiday Inn representative, have FAILED the customer-courtesy phone exam. And as a result, she will be on site in two days, to hold a one day seminar to address "the failure rating of your establishment. Yours and your managers participation are manadtory."

:saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: