PDA

View Full Version : 5 year plan online anywhere?

ChrisB
01-31-04, 11:36 AM
Pardon me if someone has already posted this, but I saw this story (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=557&ncid=1365&e=3&u=/ap/20040129/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ne/car_open_wheel_future) on Yahoo which says: One day after Judge Frank Otte's rejected the Indy Racing League's $13.5 million offer to bring CART out of bankruptcy, the principal owners of the new Champ Car World Series announced a five-year plan to improve the sport.

Is this "5 year plan" anywhere online where we can read it? Anyone have a link?

KLang
01-31-04, 11:55 AM
I think the just announced they have one, not the content. Private company now, the details are none of our business. ;)

Turn7
01-31-04, 10:22 PM
They plan to make money. That is the plan.

racer2c
01-31-04, 10:32 PM
They plan to make money. That is the plan.

Which begs the question "what happens if they don't?"

Being a private company, they could simply not broadcast that fact and keep on subsidizing their "racing hobby". Or do like every other business sans the IRL in simply dissolving the company and blaming the economy, Tony George, NASCAR what have you and there you have it, a business reality.

Turn7
01-31-04, 11:51 PM
However long OWRS stays in business is that much longer that Champ Cars race. Whether it is 1 year, 5 years, 10 years or 100 years, if it wasn't for OWRS it would have been 0 years longer.

I am glad that the books are closed to the public and we won't have to go through the ranting from the idiots about CART lost xyz dollars and blah, blah, blah.

I am ready to be a fan again instead of an armchair finacial analyst and business critic.

racer2c
02-01-04, 10:55 AM
However long OWRS stays in business is that much longer that Champ Cars race. Whether it is 1 year, 5 years, 10 years or 100 years, if it wasn't for OWRS it would have been 0 years longer.

I am glad that the books are closed to the public and we won't have to go through the ranting from the idiots about CART lost xyz dollars and blah, blah, blah.

I am ready to be a fan again instead of an armchair finacial analyst and business critic.

AMEN!!!

damiandoan
02-02-04, 01:47 PM

Maybe I'll start hanging around again?

DD