PDA

View Full Version : Fernandez Confirmed

JoeBob
01-30-04, 04:04 PM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7488

Following Wednesday’s announcement that Open Wheel Racing Series (OWRS) will take over operations of the Champ Car World Series, Fernandez Racing Co-Owner/Driver Adrian Fernandez wasted no time in getting down to business in preparation for his 12th season of Champ Car competition.
Fernandez and Co-Owner/Managing Director Tom Anderson today confirmed that Fernandez Racing will return for its fourth season of Champ Car competition with Fernandez piloting the #51 Quaker State/Telmex/Tecate Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone. The familiar red, white and green machine will also sport the “Visit Mexico” tourism logo this year.

“It has been a long off-season this time around," said Fernandez, “and an emotional rollercoaster for a lot of people. I want to thank Quaker State, Telmex and Tecate for their patience and continued support. I am more than ready to move ahead and focus on our goals for this season, which include challenging for the championship and winning in Mexico.

"It will be great to kick off the season in Long Beach, a race that has become a tradition for us and where the fan support has always been fantastic. I can’t wait to get back behind the wheel and start the year off right with a great show in California.”

Fernandez is coming off his best season to date in Champ Car competition since forming Fernandez Racing in the fall of 2000. The Mexican native recorded his eighth career win at Portland last year – his first as an owner/driver – and finished the season with a 13-race point-scoring streak to close the year eighth in the final championship standings.

“I know the #51 team is anxious to get back at it full steam,” added Anderson. “We have a lot of work to do between now and April but will be right on schedule for the first race.

“Now that we have a direction to focus on, we can begin our efforts on a program to field a second car this year.”

Fernandez Racing has experienced minimal personnel change over the winter break, and will once again be led by Team Manager Gustavo del Campo. The team plans to begin its 2004 testing program at Sebring International Raceway in Florida the first week of February.

For additional information, please visit http://www.fernandezracing.net. For additional information on the Champ Car World Series, please visit http://www.champcarworldseries.com.

KLang
01-30-04, 04:32 PM
Good news. Now how about a 2nd car?

racer2c
01-30-04, 04:34 PM
Keep the press releases coming baby!

Don Quixote
01-30-04, 04:41 PM
God forbid, but I may go out and buy a six pack of Tecate (and a 12 pack of Quaker State).

Lizzerd
01-30-04, 05:43 PM
God forbid, but I may go out and buy a six pack of Tecate (and a 12 pack of Quaker State).

Do it the other way around. 12 Tecates and 6 Quaker State.

Don Quixote
01-30-04, 05:44 PM

Good call.

RTKar
01-31-04, 11:18 AM

Leave it to Lizzerd to figure that one out.... :D