PDA

View Full Version : Gil DeFerran?

Turn7
01-30-04, 12:31 PM
What is he doing now that he retired from driving?

Is he still at Penske's side like Mears?

He wouldn't say what he had plans to do at the end of last year other than that he would like to continue to be a part of the racing business. He said that he would have to wait and see how things panned out over the winter, sort of referring to the OWRS/CART/IRL saga. Now that the saga has taken a definate direction, do you think he would condsider becoming a team owner for either the IRL or Champ Car?

chop456
01-30-04, 01:00 PM
I was just wondering about that this morning. I, for one would welcome him back. Always classy, focused, and fast. And he seems to have largely steered clear of the kool aid, unlike Gaylio.

Don Quixote
01-30-04, 02:19 PM
I would welcome him back as a team owner, driver, or general ambassador. (and I would not welcome back many of the other yen chasing scumbags.)

mueber
01-30-04, 02:27 PM
If he apologizes, I might let him back.

Wally
01-30-04, 02:59 PM
I like Gil, but I don't see him swaying from the Penske walk and talk. :shakehead

Hard Driver
02-02-04, 09:30 PM
If he apologizes, I might let him back.

Apologize for what? Adhering to his contract. Keeping a job. I did not see any Champcar bashing by him, so I don't think he has anything to apologize for.

Railbird
02-02-04, 10:11 PM
Gil is cool, but I don't see him leaving Penske unless it would be for a few days to do LeMans or some other such "keeping your hand in" deal.

Cart4Live2003
02-03-04, 08:57 PM
Railbird.. or someone showed him that they can pay him just as much $ as penske can .. not that he is out just for money.. he isn't.. but when you get used to a certain pay level it's hard to take a job somewhere else if it isn't for the same or more money..