PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for OWRS/CART

Chaos
01-29-04, 12:22 PM
Throw a launch party! Introduce the drivers, the cars, the tracks!! Make it about racing and not political BS...just a suggestion.

Wabbit
01-29-04, 05:22 PM
Find a marketing partner that actually markets.

I would love to see OWRS merchandise when I walk into a major store. It sure gets tiring of see #3 on f'ing everything.

Find a race promotor that really promotes.

Nice car races in Portland and Vancouver. People in Seattle sure don't know that they are happening.

GPR
01-29-04, 05:41 PM
Find a marketing partner that actually markets.

I would love to see OWRS merchandise when I walk into a major store. It sure gets tiring of see #3 on f'ing everything.

Find a race promotor that really promotes.

Nice car races in Portland and Vancouver. People in Seattle sure don't know that they are happening.

Couldn't resist.

Communities surrounding races: "Ohhh... I didn't know they still had a series!"
PT: "Yeah we got drivers suits and everything. Its really great."

anait
01-29-04, 06:42 PM
Couldn't resist.

Communities surrounding races: "Ohhh... I didn't know they still had a series!"
PT: "Yeah we got drivers suits and everything. Its really great."

heheheheh :D

Kinda on the subject of promoting drivers, kinda not - comin home from work Tuesday, hubby saw Paul Tracy on a big ol' billboard for Manitoba Public Insurance (I think), with the words, "Safe driving: it's a choice, not a skill."

I get it...I'm just not sure what I think about it. I guess anything that gets Paul (and other drivers) out there is good...

(

goldpanracing
01-29-04, 06:45 PM
i love seeing #3 as long as its Players

L1P1
01-29-04, 07:41 PM
I think a launch party would be a great idea. They could do it on as large or small a scale as they'd like. A lot of creative ideas are possible.

Lizzerd
01-29-04, 07:51 PM
Here's a party for you! (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3086)

If you were at last year's opener, you know what I mean. No wait, that's when it snowed. Good party anyway, though. Yeah, I remember now. It was the season closer in 2002 that was huge. Anyway, if you live within five hours or so from Columbus OH, you owe it to yourself to be there. Take Monday off and close the bar with us. Keep an eye on that link and hook up with a few others to share a ride or room with. The Doc rules at Woo Doggies and the staff does us right.

cart7
01-29-04, 09:15 PM
heheheheh :D

Kinda on the subject of promoting drivers, kinda not - comin home from work Tuesday, hubby saw Paul Tracy on a big ol' billboard for Manitoba Public Insurance (I think), with the words, "Safe driving: it's a choice, not a skill."

I get it...I'm just not sure what I think about it. I guess anything that gets Paul (and other drivers) out there is good...

(
Paul Tracy? Safe Driving?? :confused: I don't get it. :D

Joe in LA
01-29-04, 09:20 PM
Paul Tracy? Safe Driving?? :confused: I don't get it. :D

Remember--"its a choice, not a skill". So, Paul is skilled, but . . . .

anait
01-29-04, 09:34 PM
Remember--"its a choice, not a skill". So, Paul is skilled, but . . . .

Yeah, I guess that's their point - just because someone is a skilled driver, they still must make the choice to drive safely; skill does not equal safety. But to me, it also sounds like you can't be taught to drive safely...

Anyway - I'm thrilled that Winnipegers will see Paul as they drive down Pembina Highway!! :thumbup: I, too, am tired of the ubiquitousness of NASCAR memorabilia. Anybody from Zellers listening?? Be Canada's ChampCar store!! Get Paul plastered all over your flyers!! I'll spend even more money in your stores than I do now!! :D

manic mechanic
01-29-04, 11:50 PM
Here's a party for you! (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3086)

If you were at last year's opener, you know what I mean. No wait, that's when it snowed. Good party anyway, though. Yeah, I remember now. It was the season closer in 2002 that was huge. Anyway, if you live within five hours or so from Columbus OH, you owe it to yourself to be there. Take Monday off and close the bar with us. Keep an eye on that link and hook up with a few others to share a ride or room with. The Doc rules at Woo Doggies and the staff does us right.

Geez buddy...I thought you were referring to the "3 day parking lot party" at Cal Speedway in '02.

We sent that season off in STYLE!!!! :D

OH! That's right...You weren't out here with us... :shakehead

:D :D

manic