PDA

View Full Version : WOOT.. OWRS Court Document on Teams/races

Cart4Live2003
01-29-04, 11:07 AM
Ok over at CW forums Formula409 posted up a pdf court file from the case that ehud has up on his site!! (Thanks 409 and ehud!!) it talks about teams committed to date, and races. And goes into more detail about their business plan I think.. haven't read it yet but am about too.. here is the link to the PDF FILE: PS just right click and save target/save as whichever its easier and you can keep the file on your puter then!! :) (I say this cause I hate how slow pdf files load for me and close for me in my webbrowser)

OWRS Plan, Races, Teams Court Document (http://www.myehud.com/cartbk/docs/99.pdf)

Cam
01-29-04, 11:22 AM
19 Cars confirmed!

Walker = 2
Newman Hass = 2
PKR = 2
Fittipaldi = 2
Coyne = 2
Mijack = 2
Rusport = 1
Rocketsports = 2
Herdez = 2
Forsyth = 2

Total = 19

Nice going guys! :thumbup:

Cart4Live2003
01-29-04, 11:24 AM
Yes 19 confirmed but with 2 more basically confirmed .. at least 2 more that is.. 1 from Rahal for MJ Jr. and the Gigante car.. and 1 for Fernandez who could still run a 2nd car for Diaz.. so I figure at least 20.. max 23.. and who knows.. we have a cpl months now for announcements to be made WOOT!!

cart7
01-29-04, 11:29 AM
Skip to pages 10 - 12 for the legal stuff showing Carts intentions.

Pages 22 on show schedule and letters of intent from the individual teams. :thumbup:

nrc
01-29-04, 11:46 AM
Rusport to CART with Almendinger is great news.

"Confirmed" is probably still a little too strong a word for these committments. It's confirmed that these teams intend to enter and sponsorship will determine who actually shows up.

I have confidence. It's a whole different game now that the fat cats have cause to spend their own money and deals done over drinks in hospitality suites won't be showing up in SEC filings.

jonovision_man
01-29-04, 11:51 AM
Rusport to CART with Almendinger is great news.

"Confirmed" is probably still a little too strong a word for these committments. It's confirmed that these teams intend to enter and sponsorship will determine who actually shows up.

I have confidence. It's a whole different game now that the fat cats have cause to spend their own money and deals done over drinks in hospitality suites won't be showing up in SEC filings.

They're soft commitments, but it's still nice to see that all these teams intend to see things through with CART. The field was probably the most worrisome point, but sounds like it's under control. :)

jono

jonovision_man
01-29-04, 11:54 AM
I notice Forsythe's letter was on Players-Forythe letterhead, any word on what the situation there is? Any rumours for a replacement sponsor?

jono

Cart4Live2003
01-29-04, 11:57 AM
Well if you look at the date of the forsythe letter.. it was still during the contract with players.. so I don't know if they still own any part of the team or not.. but it's now Forsythe Racing.. and I guess untill or unless canada changes their laws back.. they won't be advertising before.. doesn't mean they won't keep an interest in the team..

Chaos
01-29-04, 12:20 PM
I'm not convinced of the car count until the teams themselves make the announcements. Wasn't Mijack on the cusp of closing up shop? Now they have two entries??

jonovision_man
01-29-04, 12:35 PM
I'm not convinced of the car count until the teams themselves make the announcements. Wasn't Mijack on the cusp of closing up shop? Now they have two entries??

Team assistance will be alive and well in 2004...

This is probably our last glimpse into CART finances, it's now a private company. OWRS can paint as rosy of a picture as they want, and the true financial health of the series will be a secret.

As it probably should be, too much laundry in public before.

jono

Cart4Live2003
01-29-04, 12:39 PM
jono exactly.. what every happens now is their business.. their money.. not ours.. as long as we have a series that's all that matters.. just like for those few ppl that like the IRL.. who say they don't care how much TG has lost money cause it is his money.. So be it.. the same can now be said for Champ Cars.. it's none of ours or theirs business.. it's only the owners business now. and as you said.. As it should be!! How it was before and how it is again..

now

Lets go Racing in 2004!!!

Chaos
01-29-04, 12:40 PM

jono

Very true...it distracted a lot of people from the actual racing

jonovision_man
01-29-04, 12:52 PM
Very true...it distracted a lot of people from the actual racing

That's one benefit. The other is of course that there are fewer decision makers now, the series will no longer be run by a BOD, just by 3 guys. It remains to be seen how much each of them will be involved in the day-to-day, but there will definately be less cooks to spoil the soup!

jono

Steve99
01-29-04, 03:33 PM
That was an interesting document. Strange how RuSport was the only one not using the same template, and the only ones to mention a driver by name. Fittipaldi needs to get some letterhead. :)

Ziggy
01-29-04, 04:37 PM
I dont think Emmo's deal is etched in stone. What I hear is GF has already bought Patrick Racing and is going to "lend" the cars and stuff to Emmo. One of the things Emmo needed to do is find some money.... and at this time that has not happened.

Vasser to drive

Ziggy

KLang
01-29-04, 04:52 PM
Vasser to drive

Cool, hadn't seen that part of the rumor.

Joe in LA
01-29-04, 09:25 PM
I dont think Emmo's deal is etched in stone. What I hear is GF has already bought Patrick Racing and is going to "lend" the cars and stuff to Emmo. One of the things Emmo needed to do is find some money.... and at this time that has not happened.

Vasser to drive

Ziggy

I hope someone puts Jimmy in a competitive car this year. Last year was painful.

Cart4Live2003
01-30-04, 05:04 AM
Over at CW there is a thread in the champ car part that has a quote by Emmo saying the deal is done that he has taken over the Pat Patrick operation.. so in his own words there.. It IS a done deal!!!!!!!!

Way to go Emmo!! :)

oh yah FTG and Long Live Champ Cars!!

fourrunner
01-30-04, 10:29 AM
Team assistance will be alive and well in 2004...

This is probably our last glimpse into CART finances, it's now a private company. OWRS can paint as rosy of a picture as they want, and the true financial health of the series will be a secret.

jono

And too many people who no "nothin about nothin" commenting on it... The amateur financial analyst's post their prognostications as a "hunch",(Between searching the Help Wanted Ads) and you go to another forum and that comment is refered to as " OC has a post where CART is doing this or that". Then it gets legs and becomes fact until someone who actually knows corrects it.

Sure it's the nature of the beast, but I'm delighted that the Financials will now be private. Sure there will still be guessing, but......! :)

Chaos
01-30-04, 10:55 AM
And too many people who no "nothin about nothin" commenting on it... The amateur financial analyst's post their prognostications as a "hunch",(Between searching the Help Wanted Ads) and you go to another forum and that comment is refered to as " OC has a post where CART is doing this or that". Then it gets legs and becomes fact until someone who actually knows corrects it.

Sure it's the nature of the beast, but I'm delighted that the Financials will now be private. Sure there will still be guessing, but......! :)

Surely you're not talking about the expert analysts at the firm "Track and Forum"?