Railbird
01-28-04, 10:13 PM
Just now on Wind Tunnel.

He says it just got done and "we will be there"

racer2c
01-28-04, 10:16 PM
Just now on Wind Tunnel.

He says it just got done and "we will be there"

Part of the play by play at the end of the court session mentioned, briefly, that RA and LS withdrew thier objection. I was hoping it meant that Champ Car was going to be there. This is great news, thanks 'bird! I have a felling there is going to be allot to get excited about over the next few months. :thumbup:

chop456
01-29-04, 12:03 AM
I guess I won't be needing a refund for that season ticket then. I won't be so quick to buy next year. I've heard just about enough crap out or RA.

JT265
01-29-04, 12:08 AM
Anyone wanna head over to GooberForum and enlighten their newboy Velocity?

Along with the insider knowledge that ToeKnee bid 140 million, the boy's stating that he hung with TG and his lawyers as well as lawyers for RA and LS, and that these tracks and two others are in the earls "bag"

Sadly, the updated score is

Velocity = 0 for everything

RTKar
01-29-04, 12:38 AM
I guess I won't be needing a refund for that season ticket then. I won't be so quick to buy next year. I've heard just about enough crap out or RA.

Me too, had enough of the last minute schedule crap.

Lizzerd
01-29-04, 02:10 AM

Along with the insider knowledge that ToeKnee bid 140 million, the boy's stating that he hung with TG and his lawyers as well as lawyers for RA and LS, and that these tracks and two others are in the earls "bag"

Sadly, the updated score is

Velocity = 0 for everything

Yeah, I read all that too. He said something like that the reps of LS and RA stood and objected, saying they didn't want to do busines with the likes of the Three Amigos. Then, my jaw dropped when Paul said that LS and RA were done deals tonight on Windtunnel.

He must have been in an alternate dimension. You know, like an old Star Trek episode.

Brickman
01-29-04, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I read all that too. He said something like that the reps of LS and RA stood and objected, saying they didn't want to do busines with the likes of the Three Amigos. Then, my jaw dropped when Paul said that LS and RA were done deals tonight on Windtunnel.

He must have been in an alternate dimension. You know, like an old Star Trek episode.

They may or may not have said it. A release also from the same forum.

"Elkhart Lake, Wisc., Jan. 28, 2004—Road America and the Open Wheel Racing Series (OWRS) reached an agreement this evening to hold the 23rd consecutive Champ Car race at the historic race track the weekend of Aug. 5-8, 2004 during the Grand Prix of Road America., according to George Bruggenthies, president and general manager.

"We've reached an agreement for the 2004 Champ Car race," said George Bruggenthies, president and general manager. "We're delighted that fans can start making summer racing plans that include both Road America and Champ Cars in August." Terms of

the one-year contract were not disclosed.

Other series slated to compete during the Grand Prix weekend include Motorock Trans-Am Tour for the BF Goodrich Cup, Toyota Atlantic, a Barber Dodge Pro Series Doubleheader and Formula BMW.

Road America had objected to CART selling its contract in violation of the stipulation that said neither party could sell or transfer the document. "Our position has never been against hosting a Champ Car race," said Bruggenthies. "Our concern was the uncertainty about the event because of CART's bankruptcy. We're very happy to be a part of Champ Car's 2004 schedule and look forward to seeing the teams and drivers at Road America in August."

OWRS acquired the assets of the bankrupt series during proceedings held in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Indiana, Indianapolis Division earlier today. Season Tickets for the race track are $250, and include 30 race days of the public weekends at Road America. The Grand Prix of Road America tickets are $115 in advance for the four-day weekend, or the daily rate after July 28, 2004. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.roadamerica.com or call 1.800.365.7223 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. central time zone."

Lizzerd
01-29-04, 03:01 AM
Brickman, I read it in this thread (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37828)

Velocity's words, not mine. Things sure did change quick. PG might have bought them a fine steak dinner at St. Elmo's this evening.

KLang
01-29-04, 10:04 AM
IMO velocity is full of it. :rolleyes:

Anyone know if the RA date conflicts with the activities at Osh Kosh again?

I'm a little torn between supporting OWRS at RA and showing my displeasure for RA's behavior the last two years. I'll probably still go as I've got my room reservations but there was absolutely no need for RA's antics surrounding the bankruptcy.

JoeBob
01-29-04, 12:39 PM
Here's a story from Laguna Seca saying that they're on board, and working things out: http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/7824563.htm

chop456
01-29-04, 01:03 PM
Anyone know if the RA date conflicts with the activities at Osh Kosh again?

Oshkosh is July27-August 2.

http://www.airventure.org/

Steve99
01-29-04, 03:38 PM
Brickman, I read it in this thread (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37828)

Velocity's words, not mine. Things sure did change quick. PG might have bought them a fine steak dinner at St. Elmo's this evening.

Wow, there is so much spin going on in that thread that I think I'm going to be dizzy for the rest of the day. :rofl: Thanks for the laugh.

Velocity:
but as far as I am concerned OTTE did rule in Tony's favor, by letting him out of this situation unscathed....

RichK
01-29-04, 03:55 PM
Velocity:
but as far as I am concerned OTTE did rule in Tony's favor, by letting him out of this situation unscathed....

January 28, 2004

Tony: "I think I'll scathe myself today by bidding 13.5 million dollars."
Judge Otte: "Don't do it! I'll save you!"

pchall
01-29-04, 04:18 PM
January 28, 2004

Tony: "I think I'll scathe myself today by bidding 13.5 million dollars."
Judge Otte: "Don't do it! I'll save you!"

Blech! Tony George pleasuring himself with a potato peeler is a really nauseous thought...

indyfan31
01-29-04, 06:46 PM

If you say anything with enough conviction over there, they'll all bite. Which explains Defender and Tara being held in such high regard.