PDA

View Full Version : A Pat on the Back to Our Own..

racer2c
01-28-04, 10:00 PM
What a day! I'm glad I took the day off to experience this. I wouldn't have been very productive at work anyway!

I want to give a 'shout out' as they say, to some of our online community for a job well done.

First off, we couldn't have gotten through this without a place to congregate, so the first pat goes to the boss himself. Thanks WickerBill for not only providing OC, but opening the flood gates when the end game drew near. I'm proud to be a member of this fine forum.

To the peeps (that's people to you and me but we need to keep it snazzy for the youths) that brought us the play by plays. What a job! L1P1, JoeBob and Brickman, you da men! Excellent work on providing a bunch of Internet CART geeks the minute by minute news of their favorite sports destiny.

There was a real sense of community today that was really cool. A fresh start for Champ Car has begun. I predict a renewed interest and enthusiasm for those we have lost and one heck of a show for those who we have yet to find.

Raise your glass! To OWRS, Champ Car and us, the fans!

L1P1
01-28-04, 10:14 PM
What a day! I'm glad I took the day off to experience this. I wouldn't have been very productive at work anyway!

I want to give a 'shout out' as they say, to some of our online community for a job well done.

First off, we couldn't have gotten through this without a place to congregate, so the first pat goes to the boss himself. Thanks WickerBill for not only providing OC, but opening the flood gates when the end game drew near. I'm proud to be a member of this fine forum.

To the peeps (that's people to you and me but we need to keep it snazzy for the youths) that brought us the play by plays. What a job! L1P1, JoeBob and Brickman, you da men! Excellent work on providing a bunch of Internet CART geeks the minute by minute news of their favorite sports destiny.

There was a real sense of community today that was really cool. A fresh start for Champ Car has begun. I predict a renewed interest and enthusiasm for those we have lost and one heck of a show for those who we have yet to find.

Raise your glass! To OWRS, Champ Car and us, the fans!

Well, thanks racer2C, and thanks to OC for being up when so many sites weren't. I'm so glad that things worked out like they did. I think OWRS clearly had it's, er, stuff together and I have great hopes that that will continue as we move from the courtroom to the racetrack.

I can't give OWRS enough credit for doing things right not only today, but throughout this entire process. TG got thoroughly punked today. And one can hope that this will continue as long as it matters.

[edit]BTW, I am still looking for an eyewitness account of the last stages of the case leading up to the decision....

Hot Rod Otis
01-28-04, 10:30 PM
:thumbup: What racer2c said.

OC was the place to be today.

Thanx WB, L1P1, Joe Bob & Brickman.

:thumbup:

lone_groover
01-28-04, 10:44 PM
Yes indeed.

Brickman
01-28-04, 11:02 PM
My thanks goes to WB. Getting information, or having views means nothing if there isn't a place to exchange it. Kudos WB.

On that line, looks like Court TV dropped the ball on this one. The TV ratings would be higher than the Indy 500. ;)

See you in Long Beach, Vegas if they make it happen.

Kiwifan
01-28-04, 11:03 PM
From those of us who are so far away, Thank You. Miles may separate us but passion ties us together.

Cheers Team.

Rusty the eternal optimist.

nz_climber
01-28-04, 11:06 PM
Thanks to all :thumbup:

like rusty said, you rely on you guys to bring us closer to the action so thanks, its going to be an awesome season :)

Chief
01-28-04, 11:11 PM
Great job all! Onward and upward...

RaceGrrl
01-29-04, 01:52 AM
:thumbup: What racer2c said.

OC was the place to be today.

Thanx WB, L1P1, Joe Bob & Brickman.

Wouldn't you know that I wouldn't be able to be online for OC's record attendance day. I haven't had internet service at my office for weeks now. nrc kept me posted by phone, but I'm sorry I missed being one of the 115 people here today. I am, of course, thrilled about the ruling.

OWRS rocks! :thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
01-29-04, 10:21 AM
Wickerbill, I almost made a fatal mistake by mentioning in a chat room that OC was up and running and that I was getting my news here. Fortunately they glossed over my remark and didn't overload the server for you. I truly appreciate this wonderful forum, thankyou for being here when it really counted. Thankyou also to OWRS for saving the Best Racing on the Planet, and to TG and his minions, chin up, I'm sure you'll grow to love stock cars running in Indy on Memorial Day weekend.

RichK
01-29-04, 12:25 PM
I got to a work meeting early so that I could nab one of the internet connections! I had OC going the whole time, thanks WB.

rabbit
01-29-04, 01:38 PM
I was in and out all day with nary a hiccup despite record traffic. Thanks WB for the forum and thanks to all who kept the forum rockin' w/ the updates! :thumbup: