PDA

View Full Version : Courthouse Updates

Pages : 1 [2]

RedLine
01-28-04, 04:44 PM
I can only hope the OC bandwidth tach isn't nearing...uh....redline. I'd hate to take all the blame.

:o

Brickman
01-28-04, 04:46 PM
The last quote of Bricks showed up word for word at CW and PT. No idea what the original source is.

I'm getting 2 email updates from others.

I think they are getting them from Champweb??

Adder
01-28-04, 04:49 PM
I am here as ewell, surprised 7th G have chosen now of all times for "routine maintenance" a lot of posts, about three months worth went missing from the CART Forum there today as well.

In terms of the chinese whispers, yes almonst anything remotely sensible will spread like wild fire tonight!

Racewriter
01-28-04, 04:51 PM
104 total users online - 45 members, 59 guests...

KLang
01-28-04, 04:51 PM
From CW:

The Aussie promoter is one the stand right now...

RedLine
01-28-04, 04:52 PM
59 guests...hmmm...I thought I smelled Snake Pit.

Chaos
01-28-04, 04:54 PM
Hey all,

I don't have anything to contribute really, other than I hope OWRS wins.

jonovision_man
01-28-04, 04:54 PM
From CW:

Motorsports Trial of the Century? :)

It's a young century... ;)

jono

cartcanuck
01-28-04, 04:57 PM
I can't imagine a bigger turning point in motorsports. Not in my memory anyways. This is bigger than the split.

Wally
01-28-04, 04:58 PM
Pad Talk seems to have just hit the rev limiter........for me.

RedLine
Who knows what this century's courtrooms may yet hold for Cup racing. :eek:

Turn7
Scratch Plan #12.....Paddock seems to be down for the count.

Chaos
I can't imagine a bigger turning point in motorsports. Not in my memory anyways. This is bigger than the split.

you could argue this is Pt.3 in the saga.

Pt. 1 - starting with the Dan Gurney White Paper
Pt. 2 - the split
Pt. 3 - ???

cart7
01-28-04, 04:59 PM
I'm feeling the same anticipation I did just before the unveiling of Bif's new website earlier this year. :gomer:

cartcanuck
01-28-04, 04:59 PM
Good point wally!!

Padd talk was off, but it's back now.

Racewriter
01-28-04, 05:01 PM
you could argue this is Pt.3 in the saga.

Pt. 1 - starting with the Dan Gurney White Paper
Pt. 2 - the split
Pt. 3 - ???

Probably a good analysis...

Brickman
01-28-04, 05:02 PM
"The Gold Coast Promoter is now testifying on the stand. He is testifying that without a race in Surfers Paradise, their economy would stand to lost 40-50 million dollars. "

RedLine
01-28-04, 05:03 PM
And that's in Aussie beer sales and post-brawl bar repairs alone!

Wally
01-28-04, 05:06 PM
according to another site, the grandson wore a hat to the procedings. :confused:
Anyone want to run with that one.....

cart7
And that's in Aussie beer sales and post-brawl bar repairs alone!
:rofl:

TrueBrit
Good on ya cobber!!! No Wuckin Furries!!!

L1P1
01-28-04, 05:07 PM
BTW, another couple minor things from when I was there... Derek Daly was there. Also Paul G walked over to TG during a recess and shook his hand and seemed to joke with him a little bit.

cartcanuck
01-28-04, 05:08 PM
That is a ton of money to consider. Now multiply that by ...say 10 races and you have $400million worth of impact to communities losing street races. That would be a lot of street races that the IRL would have to add to their mix to satisfy this gap in revenue!!

racer2c
01-28-04, 05:09 PM
according to another site, the grandson wore a hat to the procedings. :confused:

I heard it was a CART hat. you know Tony is very appreciative of open wheel racing! ;)

Wally
01-28-04, 05:10 PM
<<<<Also Paul G walked over to TG during a recess and shook his hand and seemed to joke with him a little bit.>>>>
Why I could never be a politician..........pretty strong of PG.

cartcanuck
01-28-04, 05:11 PM
Is it a tinfoil hat? He might be wearing it so the mothership can transmit all the answers to the questions that are thrown at him.

racer2c
01-28-04, 05:11 PM
BTW, another couple minor things from when I was there... Derek Daly was there. Also Paul G walked over to TG during a recess and shook his hand and seemed to joke with him a little bit.

I heard Derek was dragged from the courtroom screaming "Hold on to your Hollyhocks! Hold on to your Hollyhocks!" :)

RedLine
01-28-04, 05:12 PM
"gap in revenue"

Is that anythang like "gap in teeth"? :gomer:

Ah kin unnerstaind thut kina legal tawk.

SID
01-28-04, 05:13 PM
<<<<Also Paul G walked over to TG during a recess and shook his hand and seemed to joke with him a little bit.>>>>
Why I could never be a politician..........pretty strong of PG.

Here's the conversation:
TG: Hi Paul
PG: Hi Tony
TG: How are you?
PG: I'm fine. How's your wife and my kids?

Wabbit
01-28-04, 05:19 PM
Paul was just asking Tony if OWRS could hold a real road race at Indy next year.

WickerBill
01-28-04, 05:20 PM

I'm not good at this, but here goes....

http://www.offcamber.net/images/tghat1.gif

Caption: Hyuck.

Audi_A4
01-28-04, 05:20 PM
c'mon guys wrap this deal up and lets go racing!

nz_climber
01-28-04, 05:22 PM
c'mon guys wrap this deal up and lets go racing!

My thoughts exactly :D

Come OWRS you can do :thumbup: GO :thumbup:

SID
01-28-04, 05:23 PM
www.wibc.com has a live stream that is doing coverage right now

Steve99
Paul was just asking Tony if OWRS could hold a real road race at Indy next year.

How about a real race of any kind at Indy? It's been a while.

racer2c
Good one boss!

Poking around some fringe sites (not worth linking) they are claiming that this won't be done today. Too close to 5 o'clock closing. The judge can keep rolling if he thinks they are close though right?

dando
01-28-04, 05:24 PM
I just got back into 7G, btw.

-Kevin

Turn7
01-28-04, 05:26 PM
I just got back into 7G, btw.

-Kevin

I'm sorry.

racer2c
01-28-04, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry.

LOL!

JoeBob
01-28-04, 05:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing about timing. The business hours at the courthouse are 8:30AM - 5:00PM. If they're close, they might stay late, but there's no reason to not resume in the morning. The judge doesn't have anything on his calendar until Monday.

L1P1
01-28-04, 05:31 PM
The judge indicated this morning that he wanted to get this done today. He didn't specifically set any time limit though.

pchall
01-28-04, 05:32 PM

Down at the Osco parking lot they call him Sniff Doggy Dope.

dando
01-28-04, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry.
Hey now. Peace in racing and all of that good stuff.

Oh, and FTG! :mad:

-Kevin

rabbit
01-28-04, 05:33 PM
From CW main page...
Funny story: Robin Miller left his seat for a moment, TG on seeing the empty chair quickly sat down in it. Robin came back, made eye contact with TG,causing him to give up the seat to Mr. Miller. Snickers were heard around the courtroom. :laugh:

racer2c
01-28-04, 05:37 PM
The judge indicated this morning that he wanted to get this done today. He didn't specifically set any time limit though.

Are you back at the courthouse L1? Are they back in recess? As the day wears on I find the growing anticipation downright frustrating!

This is like waching my Raiders play a big game!

JoeBob
01-28-04, 05:39 PM
Latest word is that the creditors are being called to testify about the damages they will suffer if they lose their races. Milwaukee went first, Sufers Paradise talked about huge damages, and Joe Heitzler is up next to talk about damage to Mexico City.

dando
01-28-04, 05:40 PM

So then I assume that you're wearing makeup.... ;)

-Kevin

Nasty500
01-28-04, 05:42 PM
Things are swinging the way of OWRS. The IRL bid was for $13.5 million for select races and it has not gone any higher. The feeling is the IRL side is sensing defeat. The judge called The Milwaukee Mile, and Queensland, Australia promoters to the stand and they have testified to the damages to their race if the IRL wins the bid. The Milwaukee Mile promoter said not much, the Australia promoter threw out big numbers. They are on a 15-minute break. Joe Heitzler is up next to talk about damages to Mexico City if the IRL prevails.

From one of our Freinds website

racer2c
01-28-04, 05:42 PM
So then I assume that you're wearing makeup.... ;)

-Kevin

Just my Darth Vader mask and some regular season shoulder spikes. Playoff shoulder spikes are too cumbersome for around the house...

racer2c
01-28-04, 05:45 PM
Things are swinging the way of OWRS. The IRL bid was for $13.5 million for select races and it has not gone any higher. The feeling is the IRL side is sensing defeat. The judge called The Milwaukee Mile, and Queensland, Australia promoters to the stand and they have testified to the damages to their race if the IRL wins the bid. The Milwaukee Mile promoter said not much, the Australia promoter threw out big numbers. They are on a 15-minute break. Joe Heitzler is up next to talk about damages to Mexico City if the IRL prevails.

From one of our Freinds website

Thanks Nasty! Any word about whether or not there is a feeling that this will get done today?

L1P1
01-28-04, 05:47 PM
Are you back at the courthouse L1? Are they back in recess? As the day wears on I find the growing anticipation downright frustrating!

Nah, I left after two recesses this afternoon when I got the sense it could go on for a while with nothing to watch. Now I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

Paper posted on paddock talk that he got a call from the courthouse and the judge was calling the back. Maybe it's close? Or not?

Racing Truth
01-28-04, 05:51 PM
Nah, I left after two recesses this afternoon when I got the sense it could go on for a while with nothing to watch. Now I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

Paper posted on paddock talk that he got a call from the courthouse and the judge was calling the back. Maybe it's close? Or not?

Someone on 7G says it's over and OWRS is going to win. Hey, it's on the internet, so it must be true. :gomer:

tx-racefan
01-28-04, 05:54 PM
Is it a tinfoil hat? He might be wearing it so the mothership can transmit all the answers to the questions that are thrown at him.

yo brother, just put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip, and come on over to the mothership!

make my funk the p-funk, i wants my funk uncut:

http://www.birdhouse.org/words/scot/pfunk.html

TrueBrit
01-28-04, 05:59 PM
OKay, update?? It's been at least 90 seconds...WTF is going on???? :confused:

Racing Truth
01-28-04, 06:01 PM
OKay, update?? It's been at least 90 seconds...WTF is going on???? :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Adder
01-28-04, 06:03 PM
I've just got word that following the earlier cornflake packet emptyness crisis our dairy correspondent has regrettibly reported a depletiion of our milk stocks, which may cause the amount of food in my breakfast bowl tomorrow morning to be limited. :(

Racewriter
01-28-04, 06:04 PM
Joe Heitzler is up next to talk about damages to Mexico City if the IRL prevails.

Good Lord, it won't be done till March, then...:eek:

Brickman
01-28-04, 06:04 PM
OWRS wins.

dando
01-28-04, 06:05 PM
I've just got word that following the earlier cornflake packet emptyness crisis our dairy correspondent has regrettibly reported a depletiion of our milk stocks, which may cause the amount of food in my breakfast bowl tomorrow morning to be limited. :(
Then use beer instead. :)

-Kevin

Brickman
01-28-04, 06:05 PM
"The sale of CART's assets has been approved to Open Wheel Racing Series with no stipulations attached!"

Racewriter
01-28-04, 06:06 PM
Wow. Congrats to you guys.

KLang
01-28-04, 06:07 PM
I wonder how much $?

Woo Hoo

FTG!

dando
01-28-04, 06:07 PM
"The sale of CART's assets has been approved to Open Wheel Racing Series with no stipulations attached!"
Quote from what source?!?

-Kevin

Steve99
01-28-04, 06:08 PM
We need a courtroom artist to help us follow along.

racer2c
01-28-04, 06:09 PM
Holy cow. I almost don't believe it. Unfreakinreal!

A toast to OWRS! May Champ Cars survive another twenty!

nz_climber
01-28-04, 06:09 PM
linkie?? please

turn1
01-28-04, 06:10 PM
Kick A$$!

Now I just need to figure out a way to tell my wife that I am busy for yet another 4th of July weekend!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

racer2c
01-28-04, 06:11 PM
Hornish Jr just let out a sigh of relief.

Now I want a title sponsor, race dates, 18 cars commited, the works!!

Woohoo!!1

cartcanuck
01-28-04, 06:13 PM
WIBC just had a live report from the courthouse and said

The damages and litigation that would have resulted from the IRL win were major considerations.

Otte said "there are no guarantees that CART will survive in the US, but there are such things as second chances"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nasty500
01-28-04, 06:14 PM
Now everyone can see what a fraud and failure Tony George is when he doesnt have the Indy 500 in his back pocket.

TrueBrit
01-28-04, 06:16 PM
F
T
G

WOOHOOO!!!!!!

cartcanuck
01-28-04, 06:16 PM
I think I've just experienced the best day in CART's history today!!!!!

Now let's get on the track and get racing!!!!!!!!!!!

Accipiter
01-28-04, 06:42 PM
ftg and the inheritance he rode in on. :D

Now, we need OWRS to come up with a concise plan for the future. One based on the the ammount of money/exposure they get from their events, with costs to teams at a level that can be sustained by that money/exposure.

Ziggy
01-28-04, 07:16 PM
Im happy. There is alot of work to be done

Not to mention bashing all the Lemming Scum that registered here today

Looks like WB has the Toadies, I got the time

Take a hike you hilljack sisterhumps. Back to TurdForum with your azzzz

Ziggy

Turn7
01-28-04, 07:19 PM
Holy **** you have a way with words......

I love it!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RichK
01-28-04, 07:19 PM
hilljack sisterhumps.

HAHAHAHA!

tx-racefan
01-28-04, 07:57 PM
Im happy. There is alot of work to be done

Not to mention bashing all the Lemming Scum that registered here today

Looks like WB has the Toadies, I got the time

Take a hike you hilljack sisterhumps. Back to TurdForum with your azzzz

Ziggy

although there are no 'hilljack sisterhumps' on the mothership, (there were a few in me and ziggy's high school, i might add) to coin a phrase, 'we all need to get along here on the mothership'. maybe this will help:

Mother Nature gave us the funk because she loves us, and here is where Clinton and Nietzsche rub booties. Compare: "What is done out of love always occur beyond good and evil" (Nietzsche). "The concept of FUNKATIZATION was declared a Universal Law by Mother Nature, and therefore exempt from control by the Forces of Good, and those of Evil" (Clinton). So to be in love is to be in funk is to retain our natural state, i.e. to remain beyond the possibility of valuation. But, alas, we live in a world far removed from the benificence of perpetual love and funk -- we live in a world where humans pit themselves over and above Nature, and thereby incur the bummer of the Placebo Syndrome. It is thus our responsibility to evangelize on behalf of nature, that is, to bring an awareness of the funk we were born in back to the world. The squirm of a rubbery bass line and the generous application of the Bop Gun's stroboscopic, pulchritudinous salve to the scabbed and Placebo- pocked Nose Zone has the potential to bring us to a utopia of funk beyond what Nietzsche calls "valuation" and what Clinton calls "exploitive jivation."

So, what does it all mean? Well it should be obvious from the funky passages above. The evil-one, FTG, has disrupted the cosmic fabric of the funk, and will be dealt with by the rise of the funk utopia and exploitative jivation envisioned by the funk gods; and WE WILL BE returned to our natural state of perpetual funkiness. Or so it seems to me.

over and out,

Starchild

pchall
01-28-04, 08:21 PM
Lemmings choking on their own bile everywhere.

Gotta love it. :laugh:

Railbird
01-28-04, 08:22 PM
Whhheeeeew!

Now lets get back to counting cars, buying tickets, planning trips and bitchin't about TV coverage.

Drop the damn Flag

racer2c
01-28-04, 08:51 PM
Whhheeeeew!

Now lets get back to counting cars, buying tickets, planning trips and bitchin't about TV coverage.

Drop the damn Flag

You can say that again! I think I will too! Drop the damn Flag!!!

Sorry Kanaan, "all of the racers" aren't in the IRL.

Chaos
01-28-04, 09:11 PM

!@#$ing right! I get enough business and political BS at school. I don't need to spend my leisure time on it too.