PDA

View Full Version : Crapwagon Road/Street Setup Question

racer2c
01-26-04, 11:45 PM
So, I'm thinking that there are two ways that they can adjust the crapwagons so that they can obtain the pedal to the metal, foot to the floor, never lift trademark. *wink wink*

Maybe they will turn the rev limit waaaay down so that they do maybe 110mph around the entire course. But then they will have to chop the tight corners ala Sear Point and Watkins Glen for the taxis.

Maybe they can add ballast. Say pump those babies up to about a cool 5000lbs even. That would be fun!

Hey, they gotta do something for those who never knew and for those who I'm sure have forgotten. Jourdain could wipe the floor with Helio on a road course. And Tracy? Fugedaboutit!

SteveH
01-26-04, 11:58 PM
The IRL has been working with the University of Nebraska to furhter develop the SAFER wall, specifically for road courses. I understand it will resemble a bobsled run.

:D

Lizzerd
01-27-04, 01:55 AM
No, no, no, there are many more solutions...

Sensors in the track to trigger the automatic braking.

IR reflectors on oncoming walls to back the throttle.

Tunnel vision visors for the drivers to keep their attention on "steering" the cars and off the the aluminum fans.

Pedal to the metal and all you have to do is steer. They shouldn't go fast enough to fly, either, hopefully.

RacinM3
01-27-04, 12:16 PM
They'll put a chicane before EVERY corner. Even the hairpin at the head of Shoreline Drive.

JoeBob
01-27-04, 12:33 PM
Maybe they'll finally invest in that adjustable banking they were talking about a few years ago. With a little banking, even Shiggy could take the kink flat out every lap.

racer2c
01-27-04, 01:14 PM
The local kiddie go-kart track uses remote control govenors for when the 'ride' is over. They could have TG on a throne with a big red button to slow the field. It would keep them bunched up too!