PDA

View Full Version : I Gotta Admit...

racer2c
01-26-04, 10:27 PM
..it's exciting!

The meltdown over the last year with news worthy items happening once a month or so. Then in the last month it's been week by week. Now working up to the judges ruling on Wednesday (or Thursday or Friday per Robin Miller), something adds to the drama in what seems as an hour to hour drama.

Tony's letter on Friday, KK's and Nations press tit for tat, Long Beach objects, Long Beach withdraws ojection etc. We need those spinning newspaper headlines they had in the old movies.

The Rebellion beat the Empire, the hobbits beat the Dark Lord, those kids in the Goonies beat the, whatever they were. OWRS JUST HAS to win!!! :) ;)

On a slightly more serious note, when I think back on all of the traveling I've done to more Champ Car races than I can remember, all of the things I've purchased, all of the great races I've watched on TV and all of the race forum posts I've written and read it's sad to think that it could all be over this week.
FTG.

Lizzerd
01-26-04, 11:18 PM
A better word for me, rather than "exciting", is "gut-wrenching". I hate this. I remember watching the 2000 presidential election stuff constantly on TV (I work at home), which was literally hour to hour in front of my eyes. Obviously, our little drama in the grand scheme of things pales in comparison, but to me it is no less important.

I've attended probably 40-50 or more CART races too in the last 15 years or so, and spent hundreds of dollars doing so. I gurarantee that my racing budget will shrink to near nil if The Evil One prevails.

Please, Judge Otte, let it happen.

dirtyboy
01-27-04, 01:34 AM
At a point in time I considered myself one of the biggest auto racing fans in the world. This open-wheel war, plus a few other things, has dropped my interest to close to nil. I miss the days when I couldn’t wait for the Cart season to begin.

I have tickets to the Long Beach GP and (if there is even a race) I don’t really care. My only hope is that Cart does survive and build some stability. From there I’d a newer formula with a few different manufactures. My interest is low but its still there, I guess there’s still hope for me.

I, like may of you, have spent multi-thousands of dollars on Cart (tickets, flights, hotels, etc..). Every dollar was well spent.

Lizzerd
01-27-04, 02:03 AM
dirtyboy!!!!

Keep the faith, man. When OWRS wins the settlement, you will be at LBGP singing as loudly as the cars! Ya gotta believe.

And when the he11 are you coming back to the USGP, anyway?

dirtyboy
01-27-04, 12:16 PM
And when the he11 are you coming back to the USGP, anyway?

I only missed one year.

Apart from the wife, who really doesn’t give a F, I don’t have any racing buddy’s in Los Angeles. Thus making the trip across the country isn’t that fun. But I do have preliminary plans to come this year, mostly just to see the guys and drink some beers.

Cheers

Warlock!
01-27-04, 12:28 PM
I only missed one year.

Apart from the wife, who really doesn’t give a F, I don’t have any racing buddy’s in Los Angeles. Thus making the trip across the country isn’t that fun. But I do have preliminary plans to come this year, mostly just to see the guys and drink some beers.

Cheers
Like it or not, I'll probably make the trip too. Bring your stoned buddy again. It's fun watching him fall into the fire... ;)

Winter Warlock!

chop456
01-27-04, 02:18 PM
Like it or not, I'll probably make the trip too. Bring your stoned buddy again. It's fun watching him fall into the fire... ;)

Winter Warlock!

Nuts to that. Dirtyboy needs to bring his wife so I don't have to spend 2 days talking to mine. :D

dirtyboy
01-27-04, 09:31 PM
Nuts to that. Dirtyboy needs to bring his wife so I don't have to spend 2 days talking to mine. :D
If I make it there’s a good chance she’ll come also. You just better make enough food for everyone though ;) I'm sick of wathcing you all eat while I’m eating one of those f’d up turkey legs.