PDA

View Full Version : Best Super Bowl Ad

nrc
01-27-03, 12:37 AM
So what was the best Super Bowl ad?

My vote goes to the psuedo-handstanding clown ad.

Other than that it was a pretty thin crop this year.

rabbit
01-27-03, 12:41 AM
Best line of the night, bar-none:

"And next time put the cover sheet on the TPS reports!" - Terry Tate, Office Linebacker

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You just can't beat a good Office Space reference!

Also liked:
"That referee is a jack@$$."
"He looks like a zebra to me.":laugh:

In the not funny category, I think I may have to become a regular ALIAS viewer.:eek:

Lizzerd
01-27-03, 01:07 AM
I thought it was a pretty lame year for ads.

My all time favorite was from a couple years ago. It was for some financial company or dot com company that had a bunch of cowboys herding cats. The gist was, that whatever they did, herding cats was easier. The bad part of some great commercials is that you love them, but don't remember the company. The sign of a great ad is you remember the company, even if you hate the commercial.

MAXAR RE
01-27-03, 01:14 AM
The Matrix!! :thumbup: :D Loved it!! Neo fights 100 Smiths!!! :eek: I downloaded it 15 minutes later when the links went live at www.thematrix.com, and have now had about 2 dozen people on my Kazaa node d/l it from me already!

Cam
01-27-03, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
I thought it was a pretty lame year for ads.

My all time favorite was from a couple years ago. It was for some financial company or dot com company that had a bunch of cowboys herding cats. The gist was, that whatever they did, herding cats was easier. The bad part of some great commercials is that you love them, but don't remember the company. The sign of a great ad is you remember the company, even if you hate the commercial.

That was EDS Lizz..... Who are, BTW still around,

Napoleon
01-27-03, 08:48 AM
I liked the Babboons. The 2001 music gave me a laugh.

mnkywrch
01-27-03, 09:26 AM
It was a pretty weak year for ads.

Hardpoint
01-27-03, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rabbit
[B]Best line of the night, bar-none:

"And next time put the cover sheet on the TPS reports!" - Terry Tate, Office Linebacker

Couldnt agree more. Aside from the Ofice Space reference, some of the hits that dude laid out were great.

JSR
01-27-03, 11:54 AM
For me it was the horses waiting for the zebra to review the play. The Tate one was very good too.

Turn7
01-27-03, 12:32 PM
The baboon one for Sierra Mist and the Cadillac one where the guy gets in a subway car and is staring out the window and does a time warp to present day.

Those are the only two that stick out in my mind.