PDA

View Full Version : earl makes a formal bid

JT265
01-22-04, 08:00 PM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/113791-9458-110.html (Linky)

Not surprising, just nasty. :thumdown:

This is for "selected" pieces tho, so OWRS should prevail.

Lizzerd
01-22-04, 08:10 PM
Linky (http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/113791-9458-110.html)

Fixed...

JT265
01-22-04, 08:14 PM
Thanks Lizzerd!

<I'm just not computer illiterate yaknow!>

:D

RaceGrrl
01-22-04, 08:24 PM
Gentilozzi:

"We have a plan and we will do whatever it takes to restore the Champ Car Series to its rightful status as the best open-wheel series. We don't need or want those guys across town."

Gotta love that.
:thumbup:

nissan gtp
01-22-04, 08:28 PM
Don't think it's going to matter.

all will be good.

anait
01-22-04, 10:53 PM
Anybody here hear the speculation that NASCAR's made a third bid?? I just read it in a thread at CW, that NASCAR wants the venues....

PG, KK and GF, this fan is sticking with you no matter what the outcome. I want ChampCars on road courses and city streets. Do what you need to do, guys.

mapguy
01-23-04, 07:04 AM
Dear Tony and Fred,

http://www.tilda.edu-negev.gov.il/nit/mickey.jpg

Love,

mapguy

Turn7
01-23-04, 09:11 AM
Mappy,

Where did you get your hands on the television contract?
It is nice to finally see it in detail.

Thanks!

jonovision_man
01-23-04, 09:15 AM
Mappy,

Where did you get your hands on the television contract?
It is nice to finally see it in detail.

Thanks!

What are you refering to? I'm intruigued.

jono

nrc
01-23-04, 11:57 AM
What are you refering to? I'm intruigued.

jono

"That's a joke son, you're supposed to laugh"

See 'cos the crapwagons are on the "mouse network"...

(good one, T7)

rabbit
01-23-04, 12:05 PM
This just in... (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/9491/) TG, much to everyone's surprise, :rolleyes: is swinging his little hammer.
SPEEDTV.COM has learned that George is only bidding on the Long Beach Grand Prix, CART's engine lease program and possibly some equipment.
CART owns all the turbocharged Cosworth engines that OWRS plans to use and last year they were leased to the teams by CART. If George, whose series uses normally-aspirated engines manufactured by Honda, General Motors and Toyota, would out-bid OWRS for the engines that would effectively end this eight-year war.
Hey Tony,
http://www.tilda.edu-negev.gov.il/nit/mickey.jpg

Ankf00
01-23-04, 12:13 PM
Is it wrong to want to see them in a dunking booth getting slapped in the face by oversized pink robotic dildos?

racer2c
01-23-04, 12:15 PM
Could this new development stem from the fact they realize their crapwagons would be, well, crappy on road courses and they would 'bolt in' a road course engine? Just a thought.

FTG. You know, OWRS will prevail in the bankruptcy and Nation will go on a PR propaganda tour blaming OWRS for not "unifying". FFN too.

rabbit
01-23-04, 12:22 PM
Could this new development stem from the fact they realize their crapwagons would be, well, crappy on road courses and they would 'bolt in' a road course engine? Just a thought.I thought that at first. But I doubt TG is stupid enough to pi$$ off the other engine manufacturers. Unless, and I wouldn't doubt this, he would let them badge the Cosworth's until they get their own 2.65 turbo program going, which wouldn't take Honda and Toyota long but would most certainly spell the demise of Chevy. But then again, Chevy is more competitive when it's putting its name on Ford products. Either way, buying the engines would be the final dagger in CART.

JLMannin
01-23-04, 12:35 PM
If he gets the Cosworth hardware, it will end up in a landfill. I would assume that the "other assets" are the safety trucks and the mobile care center.

The purpose of this bid is to obtain the Long Beach date and shut down CART/OWRS.

I think (hope!) that the judge will see this and dictate that the winning bidder needs to take all or nothing. The stock holders have long ago been hosed, and they will never get their money back, regardless of who buys what assets.

FTG
01-23-04, 12:38 PM
Is it wrong to want to see them in a dunking booth getting slapped in the face by oversized pink robotic dildos?

Not wrong, but it is kind of gay, not that here is anything wrong with that. ;)

RichK
01-23-04, 01:03 PM
This whole earl bid comes off as very amateurish & desperate.

Accipiter
01-23-04, 01:09 PM
Letting Tony walk away with the engine contract would force the breaching of all the promoters contracts, so I can't see how the judge could possibly decide to allow it.

mueber
01-23-04, 03:34 PM
The first thing the three amigos need to do is put the case before the judge that this is a transparently obvious attempt to put the series out of business. That should, by itself do it. Just in case, they need to contact a sprint car or road racing stock block manufacturer and see how quickly they can put together 40 reliable Ford stock-block engines.

RichK
01-23-04, 03:40 PM
One for each other and all for one
the Three brave Amigos are we
Brother to Brother and everyone
A brave amigo
Fighting for Champcars and real racing
where ever you find is where we will be
for the three brave amigos are we

We are the three Amigos
We are the three Amigos

Racing the canyons and natural terrain
the three beave amigos are we
Stamping out evil till none remains
the brave amigos
the three brave amigos
Where ever they meet us our destinys lead us
amigos we are always together
where ever we go we're three brave amigos
and we'll be amigos forever

We are the three Amigos
We are the three Amigos
We are the three Amigos
and amigos forever we'll be

Don Quixote
01-23-04, 05:06 PM
Good one Turn7, that broke me up.

Anyway, call me the optimist, but I can't imagine a judge blowing the whole thing up if the result is damage to the track owners and promoters for the other races. It's feeling more and more like 2004 we will go a racin'.

Ziggy
01-23-04, 05:31 PM
One thing to remember, this all takes place in Indianapolis.......

Still Water runs deep

Ziggy

Turn7
01-23-04, 05:35 PM
Ziggy,

You may very well be right. Is the judge elected or appointed? Is he not a federal judge? If he is, I think they are appointed if I remember my high school gov't class properly.

If he is elected, I am sure he could be influenced by local muckedity mucks. If he is appointed, then that bias is eleminated. (at least that is how it is supposed to work.)

Joe in LA
01-23-04, 06:28 PM
Ziggy,

You may very well be right. Is the judge elected or appointed? Is he not a federal judge? If he is, I think they are appointed if I remember my high school gov't class properly.

If he is elected, I am sure he could be influenced by local muckedity mucks. If he is appointed, then that bias is eleminated. (at least that is how it is supposed to work.)

Bankruptcy Court is federal. The judge is appointed. However, he does not have a lifetime appointment like a Federal District, Circuit or Supreme Court Judge.

Railbird
01-23-04, 08:50 PM
according to the local media the "formal bid" sounds more like tip money to me.

3.25 mil

As long as Otte isn't headed for a gated retirement community in Palm Beach May 1st........