PDA

View Full Version : Mi-Jack Conquest Racing Tests Nelson Philippe

JoeBob
01-22-04, 06:32 PM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7475

17 year-old phenom Nelson Philippe successfully completed a two-day test of a Mi-Jack Conquest Racing Ford-Cosworth/Reynard Champ Car at Sebring International Raceway on January 19 and 20.

“It was an excellent test, and this young man is an exceptional talent”, commented team owner Eric Bachelart, under whose watchful eye the test was conducted. “Nelson completed over 400 miles in two days, and never put a foot wrong. His feedback to the engineers was surprisingly detailed and useful, given that he has so little experience in these cars.”

Nelson is believed to be the youngest driver ever to test a Champ Car. A native of Valence, France, the Miami resident is a veteran of years of karting. Nelson competed in 2003 in the Barber Dodge Pro Series. He had four top-five finishes, including a strong season-ending run of a third and two fourth place finishes in the last three races.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity provided by Mi-Jack Conquest Racing,” Nelson said. “After my short experience at Sebring last fall, this was a good opportunity to further enhance my knowledge of these cars. I loved working with this team. The car handled great, and everyone was very professional. I’m very much looking forward to driving these cars more often.”

Nelson was accompanied at the test by his longtime coach and mentor, Christian Boudon. “We thought Nelson was ready for this, and we were right,” commented Mr. Boudon, “He is mature beyond his years. This is a testament to the preparation available in high-level karting, and to the Barber Dodge Pro Series, as well.”

About the team’s 2004 plans, Bachelart was not ready to make any announcements. “It was good for our team to be out on the track again, and I feel good about that. We have some solid opportunities that we are working on, and hope to be able to make our announcements in the very near future.”