PDA

View Full Version : Andretti the lessor is now free-basing the kool-aid.

mapguy
01-21-04, 09:47 AM
From Autosport.com. (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=25812&s=18)

ndy Racing League team owner and Champ Car legend Michael Andretti has said that the continued existence of Champ Car will not be a good thing for open-wheel racing in America. The comments come as rumours intensify that the IRL wants to purchase the former assets of CART.

"My hope is that Champ Car goes away and we become one series," said the boss of Andretti Green Racing, which begins its second season in the Indy Racing League next month.

"If open-wheel racing is going to start going where we want it to go, that's what's going to have to happen. If Champ Car continues on, it's just going to drag all of open-wheel racing down. It would be a shame for that to happen."

"The damage has been done," Andretti continued. "Let's not worry about what happened. Let's worry about fixing it. I'm sick of talking about whose fault this was and whose fault that was. Who cares? Let's just fix it. It doesn't matter. Let's fix it."

IRL president Tony George has until Friday to submit a bid on CART's assets. The Champ Car sanctioning body has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to protect itself from creditors. Three Champ Car team owners - Paul Gentilozzi, Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerald Forsythe - have formed Open Wheel Racing Series and also are bidding for CART's assets.

I'm hoping that things are going on that we don't know about," said Andretti. "Obviously it's going to come to a head quickly. I think Tony would like to see one series. He knows it. I'm sure he's going to do everything he can to try to make it happen.

Andretti's driver Tony Kanaan agreed with his team boss, also voicing enthusiasm for the IRL's mooted idea of going road racing.

"We should fix things first," said Kanaan. "The biggest problem we have right now is that the two series are divided. We can go road racing any time. I'm ready. We came from that. I can't wait to do it again, but I would rather see something get done first to unify open-wheel racing."

Amazing isn't it? C^RT made him. C^RT also saved his career after his ill-fated foray into F1 and this is how he thanks them.

:thumdown:

eff u Andretti the lessor. Your father is a great man who sticks to his principles and commands a lot of respect in the racing world. Whereas you are a cheap whore.

KLang
01-21-04, 10:22 AM
:mad: :mad:

Seems to me it was TG and the earl that dragged down open-wheel racing, not champcar.

Wheel-Nut
01-21-04, 11:32 AM
Andretti's driver Tony Kanaan agreed with his team boss, also voicing enthusiasm for the IRL's mooted idea of going road racing.

I see Mikey's hand is still firmly planted up Tony K's butt!

devilmaster
01-21-04, 12:56 PM
:mad: :mad:

Seems to me it was TG and the earl that dragged down open-wheel racing, not champcar.

Exactly. So now, why can't ChampCar stay around, and make the state of OW worse and wreck the IRL? Seems fair to me, no? :laugh:

Steve

pchall
01-21-04, 01:36 PM
Clearly Mikey's yen for the blue kool-aid powder got even greater when Honda payed for the fourth car.

Don Quixote
01-21-04, 02:00 PM
So now, all of a sudden, after all these years, Michael Andretti cares about us simple fans. Give me a break. :shakehead

nz_climber
01-21-04, 03:02 PM
Sounds like mickey been sleeping over at tony's house alot :eek:

Fu#ken losser

Methanolandbrats
01-22-04, 02:11 AM
Sounds like mickey been sleeping over at tony's house alot :eek:

Fu#ken losser Ya, on the bottom.

jcollins28
01-22-04, 02:30 AM
My god I can not even think of what to say after reading that! :flame: Nothing has pissed me off more then reading that crap from mikey and to think I was a HUGE fan of his for so many years. Man do I feel stupid for ever cheering for this guy. :flame:

KLang
01-22-04, 12:37 PM
and to think I was a HUGE fan of his for so many years. Man do I feel stupid for ever cheering for this guy. :flame:

Boy, do I know how you feel. I've been reluctant to pick a new favorite.

Turn7
01-22-04, 10:19 PM
Screw Mikey and Kim Green, the more rhetoric you see coming from their pieholes, the more likely they are at a loss for a direction to go.
He was told to come to the IRL and Champ Car would go away. It hasn't and it may not in the future. I think it is posturing from somebody that doesn't have confidence in his decision and is trying to support his position by
creating a stink in the media. The ****bag listened to Roger, Chip and
Tony and was told he was the key to the whole deal. Pride swelled from
within and now he is realizing that maybe he isn't as important to Champ
Car as he was lead to believe. Instead of doing a little self examination,
he is striking out toward Champ Car. Typical response, denial, it will all sink in soon and he may change his tone by next year.

The little whining sniveler can rot in the IRL as far as I am concerned.