PDA

View Full Version : Indy Car Magazine Came Today

racer2c
01-20-04, 11:49 PM
Same commercial rag that Champ Car was, but that was easy to over look being a Champ Car fan.

It was actually quite nauseating flipping through it before I tossed it in the trash. Seeing Kanaan, Helio, Dixon reminiscing on Senna (!!!) Andretti, etc. (hell it was f'n CART ' 02 w/Hornish), pontificating on how great it the IRL is. It actually made me mad.

We all knew that the CART folks went over there with the carrot of road racing (and probably insider info of CART's bankruptcy). Their just biding their time. But is there no integrity any more? As long as PT keeps the faith there is I guess.

Well, as for the retarded magazine, they won't get a dime from me (duh) but remember, I'm the demographic they are banking on. It is hard to believe that there isn't someone in Indy who doesn't wonder why no one is in the stands, no one is watching on TV and no one will buy their subsidized magazine.

A very sad time for North American formula racing fans.

Thanks Tony, you F.

Don Quixote
01-20-04, 11:57 PM
What, pray tell, is an "IRL", an "Andretti", and a "Hornish"? :gomer:

racer2c
01-21-04, 12:01 AM
What, pray tell, is an "IRL", an "Andretti", and a "Hornish"? :gomer:

Exactly.

And to note: I stopped all of my car magazine subscriptions two years ago and I received every mag there was (sans stock car crap. I just got tired of it all, but that's a thread in it's own right.). Obviously they know I'm a fan through my previous subscriptions or through Speedgear...

Don Quixote
01-21-04, 12:07 AM
I still get Racer, but have dropped all the others. Then my wife renews my autoweak without asking me. :o The thought of giving that rag another dime is distasteful, to say the least.

Railbird
01-21-04, 06:09 AM
to meet distribution numbers the Indycar mag is being handed out free at many local locations. I've been working with a Japanese machine instalation crew the last few weeks and noticed they all arrived with a new copy. Each was handed one as they stepped off the plane here in Indy. My wife, who couldn't pass up a freebie if it was a day old turd, picked one up as we walked through the lobby at the motel.

Much like the Champcar version, it's just a sponsor fluff rag.

btw, one of the Japanes fellers was looking it over pretty good so I took him over to my area and showed him my Road & Track classic calendar with Surtees in a Honda RA237.

"velly coo"

KLang
01-21-04, 07:57 AM
Mine went straight into the trash un-opened. :thumdown:

I'm curious how they got my name and address. I haven't had any racing magazine subscriptions since OnTrack and I've moved to different states twice since then.

cart7
01-21-04, 08:47 AM
Used mine as a coffee cup coaster for a day. I opened it, saw the first article describing the last race last year as the "Perfect Script" for a movie and decided they're at least admitting what everyone knew all along. :thumdown: It's now landfill material.

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-04, 03:25 PM
Mine arrived today, but I haven't opened it. I'm not quite sure what to do, throwing it in the trash doesn't accomplish anything, but I don't have the slightest interest in reading it.

Racewriter
01-21-04, 06:58 PM
to meet distribution numbers the Indycar mag is being handed out free at many local locations. I've been working with a Japanese machine instalation crew the last few weeks and noticed they all arrived with a new copy. Each was handed one as they stepped off the plane here in Indy. My wife, who couldn't pass up a freebie if it was a day old turd, picked one up as we walked through the lobby at the motel.

Much like the Champcar version, it's just a sponsor fluff rag.

btw, one of the Japanes fellers was looking it over pretty good so I took him over to my area and showed him my Road & Track classic calendar with Surtees in a Honda RA237.

"velly coo"

There were tons of 'em at PRI. You couldn't walk without seeing a pile.

Railbird
01-21-04, 08:54 PM
at the end of the day handing them out is one of the rare examples of good promotion coming out of the IRL. Of course the driving force is coming from Honda and Toyota.

SteveH
01-21-04, 10:57 PM
The paper's too slick to be of any use in the water closet. :thumdown: