PDA

View Full Version : Critical Days - Philips Places bet with OWRS

racer2c
01-20-04, 01:50 PM
He recaps the past seven months and gives OWRS the nod to proceed.Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/9434/)

skaven
01-20-04, 09:15 PM
As I read the topic, my first hope was Phillips petroleum came on as a sponsor... but then again I don't even know if they are still around (merged with Conoco?). I guess it is a little too early for sponsor news though.

Anyway, good find. I forwarded this to a friend of mine who was asking about CART last night. I'm not sure if he was legitimately wondering about CART, or just trying to get me fired up into a FTG rant. Either way, he can read this and draw his own conclusion.

nrc
01-21-04, 12:11 AM
Still waiting for Vaninni to play that trump card MC kept claiming he had up his sleeve. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that the lemming racing bidness experts have denied that the players in OWRS have the scratch to pull this thing off because Gerry hasn't sent them his tax returns to be audited. Phillips seems to disagree. :)

Ziggy
01-21-04, 06:51 PM
Fred Nation was on Autosport Racing Show last night. For those that dont live in Indy, or just dont care what the Lemmings are up too, its a low buck radio show from a bar near Speedway.

Freddie spoke of a need to check into CART as they were both in the open wheel racing business. They are licking their chops at the thought of running Long Beach, "those Canada" races and a couple more down in Beantown. He spoke with confidence (as only this head Lemming can) as fans of "Openwheel" racing were a sure fire bet to purchase tickets to see "their brand" of racing.

Robbie Buhl was the other guest. More of the same, and I bet your not surprised. Mr Buhl was quite proud of the fact that he has led the way in "crash development". What a tool. Only two have crashed more, DNFisher and Salazar. He also took a very guarded swipe at Brainfarts "$40,000" dollar update kit, and was trying to pump Nation on just where he could get his hands on one for fourty grand. He did bring the lovefest down to reality with his comments of budgets already being set for 2004 and how adding races would play hell with the money.

Sounded like a good time.........

Ziggy

Ankf00
01-22-04, 04:41 PM
As I read the topic, my first hope was Phillips petroleum came on as a sponsor... but then again I don't even know if they are still around (merged with Conoco?).
you are correct, sir!

(don't remember what cartoon that line's from... hrm.)