PDA

View Full Version : No Speed for me. (Or Time Warner sucks, take your pick.)

mapguy
01-14-04, 09:43 AM
About a month ago I got a letter in the mail from those fine folks at Time Warner Cable. They were informing me that they are putting Speed on a premium package that, if I wanted it, would have to pay about $5 extra a month. I was not happy about that. The only reason why I shelled out an extra $20 a month to them for digital cable was in order to get Speedvision. So I disconnected my cable box and took it back and asked them to disconnect me. The CSR at the desk said "OK" and that was it. Didn't ask me why.

A couple of days later I got a call from them and the lady on the other line asked me "May I ask why you disconnected your Digital cable"? I told her why and said that with the 'bubba-izing' of Speed I can't justify paying $25 a month extra for one channel that I only watch on weekends. Thankfully it seems that C^RT will not be on Speed but I am going to miss my F1 and WRC.

A :thumdown: :thumdown: for Time Warner and a :thumdown: for Speed.

Turn7
01-14-04, 10:28 AM
TW did that to me 1.5 -2 years ago. The grouped it with 3 other fox sports channels and called it the Fox Sports Premium Digital package.

No warning or anything. I came in one day and no Speed. I called and they said, "oh, we realigned the channels and that will be $5 more." I said that sucks but, ok.

However, I think I may follow your lead now that Champ Cars are not going to be on speed. No since in paying for something I don't need.

I have noticed that the Outdoor Channel is starting to pick up a few motorsports programs. Didn't the old SpeedVision get the Outdoor Channel in the buyout from Fox?

JoeBob
01-14-04, 11:36 AM
One word for you: DirecTV, especially now that a DirecTiVo is only $99. Even better than TiVo (because it has 2 tuners) for less money up front, and less money per month. You'll wonder why you ever had cable in the first place.

WickerBill
01-14-04, 11:40 AM
One word for you: DirecTV, especially now that a DirecTiVo is only $99. Even better than TiVo (because it has 2 tuners) for less money up front, and less money per month. You'll wonder why you ever had cable in the first place.

Hallelujah, amen!

mapguy
01-14-04, 11:45 AM

I don't think my landlord would appreciate that....