PDA

View Full Version : Rubens Signed Through '06

chop456
01-14-04, 07:11 AM
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headli...114102006.shtml

Rubens Barrichello will be a Ferrari driver for another two years, the team announced on Wednesday at their annual Madonna di Campiglio event.

The Brazilian, who joined Ferrari in 2000 from Stewart, has agreed to a two-year extension that will see him remain at Ferrari until the end of 2006. Barrichello’s new deal means that the Scuderia’s driver line-up will remain unchanged until 2007 as Michael Schumacher extended his long-term contract last year already.

A statement from the team said: “Ferrari announces it has extended its agreement with the driver Rubens Barrichello to cover the 2005 and 2006 racing seasons.”

RTKar
01-14-04, 08:01 AM
I was hoping he'd move on to see what he could do as a #1 on a top flight team. He compliments Schumacher very well. My guess is that Schumi had some input in the decision too. Could we see the first "gifted" WDC?

WickerBill
01-14-04, 08:41 AM
I was hoping he'd move on to see what he could do as a #1 on a top flight team.

Wasn't he #1 at Stewart? You know, when Herbert won a race and Rubens didn't? ;)

mapguy
01-14-04, 09:18 AM
Wasn't he #1 at Stewart? You know, when Herbert won a race and Rubens didn't? ;)

:D :thumbup:

Don't forget he was #1 at Jordan when Mr Irvine showed up. Didn't do himself any favors their either.

RTKar
01-14-04, 09:33 AM
...I did mention "top flight" team...the early early post Imola 94 years played heavy on Rubens soul too. He's matured and become a better driver. Stewart was a new team, a good one at that, and Jordan is up and down from year to year. I don't know if I'd have considered either Herbert or Irvine as #2's in retropsect.

Dirty Sanchez
01-14-04, 10:22 AM
He says he has equal status at Ferrari... his performance says otherwise though ;)

I'm a little "unexcited" by this contract extension. I would be happier if they signed a driver that could challenge MS.

mapguy
01-14-04, 10:26 AM
I'm a little "unexcited" by this contract extension. I would be happier if they signed a driver that could challenge MS.

Like Jacques, right Crapus. ;) :D

Dirty Sanchez
01-14-04, 10:31 AM
Like Jacques, right Crapus. ;) :DSurely you mean Button? :confused: :D

Ziggy
01-14-04, 05:21 PM
He had to sign. There is not enough time left to mold another drivers hand to fit Michaels luggage!

Ziggy

JT265
01-14-04, 06:19 PM
Ziggy gets it!

Well put! :D