PDA

View Full Version : New Sauber C23

Dr. Corkski
01-12-04, 08:24 PM
http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2004/team-sauber/diapo_111.jpg

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2004/team-sauber/diapo_116.jpg

Note to the cheating bastards at Toyota: If you want a Ferrari, just buy their engine.

Cam
01-12-04, 10:40 PM
Peter Sauber always puts out a pretty looking machine..... Shame it rarely followa through! :(

Hink
01-13-04, 01:35 AM
With this year's Ferrari engine hopefully Fisichella can run fairly well in it.

Lizzerd
01-13-04, 02:05 AM
I don't understand why Sauber hasn't been more competitive in recent years. Seems to me that they should be better than a top five or six team.

chop456
01-13-04, 03:22 AM
They've got the whole complement of Ferrari moving parts now. The only thing they need to get together is the chassis. They also have the new wind tunnel, so the aero should improve. They should be right behind Renault and Toyota. I'd like to see Fisi and Massa do well.

mapguy
01-13-04, 07:15 AM
:thumbup: Sweet loooking chassis. Best looking Sauber in years. Uninspiring choice of drivers though. One who's best before date has long since past and another who spends more time off the track than on it.

Dirty Sanchez
01-13-04, 10:32 AM
IMO, one of the best driver pairings on the grid. This season will make or break one of these drivers... pressure on Fisichella.

Sauber are using the same engine as Ferrari for the first time (due to the one engine per weekend rule) and are also going to use a Ferrari gearbox for the first time (7-speed 2003 variety). Add in the wind tunnel and this all looks great on paper... except for one major problem: Bridgestone and lack of tire testing. I don't expect them to move up the grid at all this year, unless there are a lot of wet races.

Ziggy
01-13-04, 05:08 PM
Is it just me, or do these cars all look the same? Somebody should photoshop all the GP cars of 2003 and turn them all grey in color. Remove the distinctive wheels with some sort of pc generated mask, and make that a "quiz"

Cant use your Autocourse's

Ziggy

Hink
01-13-04, 08:06 PM
Is it just me, or do these cars all look the same? Somebody should photoshop all the GP cars of 2003 and turn them all grey in color. Remove the distinctive wheels with some sort of pc generated mask, and make that a "quiz"

Cant use your Autocourse's

Ziggy

I'd get the Williiams and that's about it. The whole back end of that Sauber, from the steering wheel on back, looks exactly like a McLaren to me.