PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.0 Q&A, Critiques, Comments

WickerBill
01-12-04, 08:55 AM
Post them here; I'll answer everything I can. Let me put a few things on the record right away though. :)

1. I know some of the buttons look out of place. I'll be working on that, but didn't want to keep the forum down the whole time I photoshop.

2. The new look of threads might take some getting used to -- please give it a day or two before you completely decide your hatred for it.

3. I'd like input on speed -- better, worse? Better than other forums? Worse?

Of course, whatever else you'd like to comment on, or get an answer to.

* This forum upgrade was done completely under the influence of the following albums: Living In Clip (Difranco), Metallica (Metallica), American Pie (Don McLean), and New Miserable Experience (Gin Blossoms). All problems with OC are thereby the responsibility of the artists mentioned.

WickerBill
01-12-04, 09:23 AM
Also, I do know that the buttons on the top (i.e. chat) aren't there -- I'll be working on this also....

:cry:

chop456
01-12-04, 09:28 AM
I like it, and I'm not even used to it. Looks like less"clicky" navigation. I believe that's the technical term.

Good work WB!

SteveH
01-12-04, 10:29 AM
Like it so far, seems much faster.

thanks

mapguy
01-12-04, 10:41 AM
Like it so far, seems much faster.

thanks

:thumbup: Yup, seems quicker to me. Also the color scheme is very relaxing.

mapguy
01-12-04, 10:42 AM
Wait a minute... :saywhat: I'm just a registered user now? All that blatant post building for nothing? :cry:

WickerBill
01-12-04, 10:44 AM
Wait a minute... :saywhat: I'm just a registered user now? All that blatant post building for nothing? :cry:

I'll fix it, I'll fix it. I need comments, not tears, bro.

:)

cart7
01-12-04, 11:06 AM
Testing, testing testing. :cool:

WickerBill
01-12-04, 11:50 AM
Fixed, mapster.

IlliniRacer
01-12-04, 11:51 AM
Very nice. :cool:

Warlock!
01-12-04, 12:19 PM
Looks pretty slick, and I'm even a bit hungover.

Winter Warlock!

devilmaster
01-12-04, 12:57 PM
Not really a bug, as I don't remember.....

But was "The Ladder" forum's last post in November? :confused:

I would have assumed (and you know what happens when ya assume) that we used it a little more than that. According to the stats, we use the Feedback forum more often.

Like I said, I don't remember....

Steve

Cam
01-12-04, 01:35 PM
Hmmmm....... The forum jump thingy at the bottom of the page seems to jump around. When you are on the thread listing page it is on the left, but when you are reading a thread it jumps over to the right. Dunno if this is by design or not..... :saywhat:

mapguy
01-12-04, 02:03 PM
The link for chat is missing.

RichK
01-12-04, 02:20 PM
The black dots for threads which I've posted in are gone.

Looks good though!

devilmaster
01-12-04, 02:46 PM

Until WB gets it back up, here is the java link... (should work) http://205.214.76.190/ircx/

Steve

RacinM3
01-12-04, 03:09 PM
Speed's about the same here.

I like the new layout and navigation.

I HATE sticky's, though (although I guess I understand why they're used)!!

I love the new buttons for bold , italic , undlerline , etc! :thumbup:

Question: What's the "Guided Mode" and "Enhanced Mode" selection for in the "Reply to Thread" page?

Ankf00
01-12-04, 03:22 PM
dislike the discontinuity of the threads, but it's alot easier to sort when things were posted and less clicky is correct, easier to quote. colors are pleasing too. I give it a :thumbup:

oh ya, and I like how you can leave the cursor over a topic and the first post pops up. sweet.

nz_climber
01-12-04, 03:23 PM
Im liking it, it seems a bit faster

The reply editor thing (that im typing into right now) is a lot nicer :thumbup:

Lizzerd
01-12-04, 03:26 PM
Looks good to me, Boss.

Turn7
01-12-04, 03:34 PM
The links for the "Save to file" option in Private Mail are the same color as the background and don't show up until you hover over them.

Also the "next thread/previous thread links at the bottom of a page is the same way.

(I am sort of color blind so, if they are not the same color then there needs to be a greater contrast)

lone_groover
01-12-04, 04:01 PM
http://www.halfjew.com/images/celebrities/prinze.jpg

LOOOKING GOOOOOD!

:thumbup: :)

Dvdb
01-12-04, 04:32 PM
Me likey!!

Chaos
01-12-04, 05:14 PM
looks good :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
01-12-04, 06:55 PM
The links for the "Save to file" option in Private Mail are the same color as the background and don't show up until you hover over them.

Also the "next thread/previous thread links at the bottom of a page is the same way.

(I am sort of color blind so, if they are not the same color then there needs to be a greater contrast)

I'm not color blind, but I'm having the same problem. Very difficult to read. Other than that, I have no problems with the new layout.

rocket
01-12-04, 07:16 PM
nice and streamlined......... :thumbup:

Eagle104
01-12-04, 07:39 PM
very nice look, WB. Congratulations, and thanks.

just got here, so cannot yet comment on the features, etc.

seeing many rpt that speed is faster for them...but, at my dial-up speed of (you're going to laff...) 21.6kps!, i have to admit that the speed is quite substantialy slower for me than before, and compared to my 'normal' speed elsewhere.

maaaybe one of these days i'll get off my cheap *** and get some speed....but since i'm a 'promotional' client, i'm have a hard time justifying $45 vs. $0. :( :gomer: ;)

As always, thanks for the effort -- of all sorts -- which you put into providing this place, WickerBill.

Eagle

WickerBill
01-12-04, 07:46 PM
The black dots for threads which I've posted in are gone.

Looks good though!

Rich, really? Anyone else having this problem? I'm seeing the dots.

WB

WickerBill
01-12-04, 07:57 PM
I'm not color blind, but I'm having the same problem. Very difficult to read. Other than that, I have no problems with the new layout.

Okay, I got the Prev Thread/Next Thread thing to white now. I shall commence working on the PM problems (JB has also mentioned this to me but I don't see it...)

WickerBill
01-12-04, 08:11 PM

For the time being, I've added a link to chat at the bottom of each page in the NavBar (which is the last green bar on the screen). It's right after Contact Us (haha, like there's more than one of me)

Eagle104
01-12-04, 08:17 PM
well, it was slower - way slower..but now it seems normal for me. guess i spoke too soon.

good here.....

Sean O'Gorman
01-12-04, 09:00 PM
It's right after Contact Us (haha, like there's more than one of me)

Hey, that never stopped Mark C!

Robstar
01-12-04, 09:04 PM
Looks a lot smoother, nice one WB
:thumbup:

PS: & it is quicker for me :)

RichK
01-12-04, 09:26 PM
Rich, really? Anyone else having this problem? I'm seeing the dots.

WB

I'm seeing dots now....maybe I was being impatient with the first page loading.

Turn7
01-12-04, 10:20 PM
May be something you want to change, maybe not, the 'memberlist' is displayed. You had removed it from the last layout. In the memberlist, the joined date is missing as well as the column for hyperlinks to members designated webpage.

I used to sort by join date to welcome new members. That doesn't seem possible anymore. No big deal, I haven't done a welcome message in some time now.

Railbird
01-12-04, 10:29 PM
As with anything on a computer, I'm just amazed it works.

looks good to me, and it does seem a bit quicker even on my half-asesd laptop with a dial up

fourrunner
01-13-04, 02:19 AM
VERY Classy Look ....

I think I'll post here! :thumbup:

WickerBill
01-13-04, 06:34 AM
May be something you want to change, maybe not, the 'memberlist' is displayed. You had removed it from the last layout. In the memberlist, the joined date is missing as well as the column for hyperlinks to members designated webpage.

I used to sort by join date to welcome new members. That doesn't seem possible anymore. No big deal, I haven't done a welcome message in some time now.

Check it now, T7. The two items should be back in.

Also, do you recall why I had it hidden before? I don't. If there's a good reason, I'll hide it again.

Turn7
01-13-04, 09:03 AM
Check it now, T7. The two items should be back in.

Also, do you recall why I had it hidden before? I don't. If there's a good reason, I'll hide it again.

No I don't remember.

It was hidden around the time the "Temple of Doom" started. I think just to minimize the amount of suggestions you were getting while trying to establish the character of this forum.

flobee1kenobi
01-13-04, 12:32 PM
haha, like there's more than one of me

Just develop multiple personalities like the rest of us and you should be fine

WickerBill
01-13-04, 10:02 PM
T7, I think I got the "download private messages as" stuff fixed so it shows up white now. Let me know please.

WB

Kiwifan
01-14-04, 03:31 AM
It looks cool WB and is easy to use but at 256k it 'seems' slower to load. As long as it's quicker for most folk I'm happy, in fact, I'm just glad you are here. :)

Rusty.

Turn7
01-14-04, 09:03 AM
T7, I think I got the "download private messages as" stuff fixed so it shows up white now. Let me know please.

WB

Resolved.

Turn7
01-14-04, 09:05 AM
OK here is another WB.

The "Quote" button is labeled "reply" within the text area of a post. Can that be labeled "Quote"?

WickerBill
01-14-04, 11:42 AM
OK here is another WB.

The "Quote" button is labeled "reply" within the text area of a post. Can that be labeled "Quote"?

Yeah, I don't like that either. I'll work on it in Photomashop.

G.
01-14-04, 08:20 PM
Lizzerd's offer of rest for the fat lady on the champcar page seems a bit skewed to the right. The letter r falls of the word "their" in the 2nd line.

'Course, could just be me...

JLMannin
01-15-04, 12:51 PM
Pages seem to load quicker to me. The new colors are a little easier on the eye, as well.