PDA

View Full Version : Follow the link. Whadda ya think?

cart7
01-07-04, 05:08 PM
Linkie (http://www.racingone.com/column.asp?artnum=18694)

Saw this on the other side. Comments. :confused:

JoeBob
01-07-04, 05:14 PM
I don't know where Sklenka got anything about an agreement between TG and Gentilozzi. I find it hard to believe a guy who runs a fan site has a scoop that the rest of the world missed out on, and his credibility is questionable, at best.

He also needs a better editor:

The plan for the 2005 is a 20-23 race schedule with about 45-55% of the events consisting of road course and ovals.

What will the rest of the events be, off road races?

Ziggy
01-07-04, 05:24 PM
Racing One "Unfiltered Racing News"

(unknown as well I might add)

Don Sklenka "Featured Expert"

(I would wager that two years ago this guy was covering tractor pulls in Peoria)

HAHAHAHAHA

Ziggy

Lizzerd
01-07-04, 07:12 PM
PG has said that he wants one series, so it wouldn't surprise me that he has been talking to the self proclaimed king of racing. I suspect, though, that Sklenka is either making up the numbers or heard them from someone-who-knows-so-and-so who heard a rumor that someone-who-knows TG told him.

Don't fall for it, folks. Any "unification" will only mean the death of CART and a bigger irl with a few road/street races, still using slugs as imitation race cars, with The Devil himself in charge. The A-hole wouldn't have it any other way.

lone_groover
01-07-04, 07:26 PM
"UNFILTERED" is right...and if you look at his site, it's also un-proofread.

:p

mueber
01-08-04, 08:32 AM
Whether a “reunification” of any sort happens depends upon boy george’s inclination to continue throwing money at the IRL and nothing else. If he has had enough, it is possible.

That being said, any series that has the Gomerville 000 as it’s focal point is doomed to be a second class series, and any other focal point is impossible with boy george involved. As the success of Formula 1 and NASCAR show, focusing on the series is what makes for success.

Perhaps the economic realities of the day will force them together like two drunks holding each other up while walking back to the flophouse, but the future for open wheel is other than Gomerville.

Peter Venkman
01-10-04, 02:59 PM
"The plan for the 2005 is a 20-23 race schedule with about 45-55% of the events consisting of road course and ovals. "

What was probably meant was:

45% Road Racing and 55% Ovals.

pchall
01-12-04, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Sklenka's own site has a reliability rate lower than a current spec Honda F1 engine. Why should his rumormonger be any more reliable when done elsewhere?