PDA

View Full Version : work sucks

nz_climber
01-04-04, 09:46 PM
I know everyone out there knows exactly what i mean, but after an awesome holiday work sucks so bad!!! :cry:

any suggestions to help numb the pain??

how many of you are back at work now? or you still on holiday??

Railbird
01-04-04, 09:49 PM
up at 5:00 am tomorrow

It sucks, but the Colts game just made it easier.

Cam
01-04-04, 10:06 PM
Drink heavily before you go..... You may not have a job after you go in, but.................... :D

RTKar
01-04-04, 10:21 PM
In 12 hours, it's back to work....:thumdown: :(

nz_climber
01-04-04, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Drink heavily before you go..... You may not have a job after you go in, but.................... :D

I knew Cam would come up with a great answer :gomer:

I feel your pain RT and Railbird!!

indyracer56
01-04-04, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by nz_climber
I know everyone out there knows exactly what i mean, but after an awesome holiday work sucks so bad!!! :cry:

any suggestions to help numb the pain??

how many of you are back at work now? or you still on holiday??

After 2 weeks off of work for the Holidays it's back to work for me. :(

And I know just what big project I have on my desk waiting for me. :cry:

manic mechanic
01-05-04, 01:10 AM
Well, I had to work through "the holidays" (3 days each both xmas and new year's week), but I haven't had to put in a 5 day week since mid November.

I figure I'll be feeling the grind by Thursday afternoon.

The only consolations are that I enjoy my job and that another 4 day weekend is only 12 days away.

manic

Sean O'Gorman
01-05-04, 01:53 AM
Ugh, its been hell at work the past three weeks since our franchise lost the rental car portion of the business (leaving just valet parking). The two remaining managers are clueless and micromanage this place to death, and my hrs have been reduced to the point where I might as well be unemployed. :thumdown:

Robstar
01-05-04, 02:49 AM
Yup back at work today too, bugger...:(
So hard to get anything done though...

Kiwifan
01-05-04, 02:58 AM
Back at work....

Thanks Aaron, sorry I missed you mate and thanks for the cards, 'bird would love them too. :)

Take care,

Rusty.

Railbird
01-05-04, 07:10 AM
ho ho ho, it's off to work we go.

suuuuuuuuuck

cart7
01-05-04, 08:55 AM
Back at work now. I had to work Friday so this is no big deal. I'll now be working 6 days a week for at least 2 months due to the post holiday returns.

cartcanuck
01-05-04, 01:09 PM
Hmmm, how to numb the pain of being back at work???? pick a spot on the wall, and repeated pound your forehead into it and repeat your favourite profanity. It works for me, and keeps people out of my office :)

This is my first full week of work since the first week of December, and with all the bosses back at work....I'm not looking forward to this week at all. And sure enough, it started about how I expected :(

And unlike manic mechanic, I can't really say I like my job. But it's paying the mortgage while I work on some side projects that I hope to replace my current grind over the next year or so. With any luck in the next 12-16 months I'll be self employed and working from home :):thumbup:

JoeBob
01-05-04, 01:14 PM
Words of wisdom my father passed along to me many, many years ago:

If work was meant to be fun, they wouldn't have to pay you to do it.

Lizzerd
01-05-04, 04:38 PM
I wish I had a similar sob story to tell :). But trust me on this, looking for work sucks more than having to go to work.

cartcanuck
01-05-04, 06:08 PM
That's very true Lizz.

Been there...done that.....but I was laid off in March with a nice little package, so I got to enjoy the summer off ending with the molson indy in Vancouver. Then I came home broke and desperate for work :( The fun ended and job hunting began. That part of it isn't fun.

Tim
01-06-04, 03:20 PM
Stop whining. Theres people out there that didn't get anytime off.:(