PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the mood for...

Kiwifan
01-03-04, 06:16 AM
A music thread.

Does anyone listen to music when they surf? What do you listen to?

The trouble that I find is that today you get either Hip Hop, Solid Gold/Classic Hits or remakes.

I must be getting fussy in my old age 'cause although I like the Oldies genre it's like the Stations have only 100 records to chose from. The Solid Gold Station we pick up when we go to the city does have a 'forgotten 45' segment but I just wish someone would play something just that little bit extra. At the moment I'm playing the Woodstock CD and although (I think) there are some good tracks on it I haven't heard them on any radio station. Do you guys have a favorite station that plays what you want to hear or do you have to settle for your own CDs?

Rusty.

chop456
01-03-04, 07:33 AM
I have XM Satellite radio in the car and it's great.

While surfing, I just use RealPlayer to shuffle through the songs on my hard drive - about 1,200 right now. If I'm in the mood for something specific, I'll bust out a CD. Being married now, I don't buy the 2-3 CD's a week I used to.

RTKar
01-03-04, 10:10 AM
Santa brought me an XM Home set up for Christmas and the icebergRadio that JT mentioned is pretty good too. Commercial radio just doesn't cut it anymore for me, not that I'm some music guru but I like alot of different genres and being exposed to lesser known artists.

longbeach32
01-03-04, 11:59 AM
i listen to RadioParadise alot. I just got started with RadioEclectic from Radioio.com (Use Winamp 5 to access it, if you go through radioio.com you have to register)

TedN
01-04-04, 07:56 PM
I just started listening to Iceberg Radio (www.icebergradio.com) , an Internet-based station. It has many musical genres. Also comedy. Free registration.

Currenty listening to acid jazz. Nice !!

Ted

Barton
01-04-04, 08:35 PM
Music thread?

Somebody call in Crapus! ;)