PDA

View Full Version : For those about to rock........

JT265
01-02-04, 10:21 PM
.....go to IcebergRadio.com

You gotta register with a Canadian or US zip code(for free), but there are 250 channels of every musical genre there is!

Me, I've been listening to the Classic rock channel since 8am, and I've yet to hear a bad song.

All in all, :thumbup: :thumbup:

RTKar
01-02-04, 10:43 PM
Thanks JT, Consider it done, I'm always looking for good music....and it's free... Canadian too eh? :cool:

Kiwifan
01-03-04, 12:16 AM
Been going there for almost a year now and I had to 'cheat' a zip code but what the heck. :) Great music to cover all tastes so it should be a favorite.

Rusty.

JT265
01-03-04, 12:35 AM
No prob RT. And your holding out Rusty, this deal rocks!!

(and they have played two Guess Who songs today too!) :D

Oh yeah. And it's Canadian too, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?:rofl:

lone_groover
01-03-04, 12:55 AM
Ugh! I went exactly three years and one day this century without thinking of Burton Cummings' ugly Frito-Bandido mug.....

Thanks a lot JT...:cry:

:thumdown:

Kiwifan
01-03-04, 01:23 AM
'groover, behave yourself or I will pipe American Woman into your house for the next three years. :)

This kiwi just LOVES TGW and still play their music daily. No jokes, please. ;)

Thanks JT, you just made my day! :) :)

Rusty.

I don't know if something changed but yesterday theiceberg sounded a bit tinny. I used to be online with gay abandon with the old 56k but now that I'm on a DSL plan (1000mg) per month I have to restrict myself. Bugger.

RTKar
01-03-04, 01:37 AM
gay abandon?.......not that there's anything wrong with it.

Kiwifan
01-03-04, 06:03 AM
Just joking mate, just joking. ;) Honest! :)But seriously, The Iceberg is cool.

Sadly most of the Internet Radio stations have gone off air so in that respect the Iceberg is a rarity. Long may she run. (Neil Young.)

Rusty.

JT265
01-03-04, 12:09 PM
The lesser of two evils Groover.

BC's Frito Bandito mug or.......

.....Bachmans bulked up impersonation of the Michelin Man. :eek: :D

And Rusty, to sate your habit you outta summer in Canada. Burton and the lads can be found just about in any county fair or small theater across the country at that time.

indyracer56
01-03-04, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by JT265
The lesser of two evils Groover.

BC's Frito Bandito mug or.......

.....Bachmans bulked up impersonation of the Michelin Man. :eek: :D

And Rusty, to sate your habit you outta summer in Canada. Burton and the lads can be found just about in any county fair or small theater across the country at that time.

I took my wife to see the Guess Who last summer at an outdoor theater in Detroit at the DTE Music Theatre (formerly known as Pine Knob).

For a bunch of old, overweight rockers, they didn't sound too bad at all.

:)

And the place was sold out too.

JT265
01-03-04, 08:19 PM
IR56,

I remember Pine Knob from the daze my old Bro' Bob Seger would play there, albeit many moons ago. And if your into it, the Guess Who still put on a pretty decent show.

(With apologies to l_g, of course) ;)