PDA

View Full Version : Forget Raising Arizona - How about a resurrection!

Hink
12-28-03, 11:36 PM
The Packers are in!

Can you believe it?

No doubt the Pack beat the Broncos with their B team on the field, but seeing Arizona win was incredible!

I only wish the game was in Seattle - so I could walk to it.

Dr. Corkski
12-29-03, 12:29 AM
Bad week. Bulger blows home field away and Packers luck into the playoffs and get a first round bye. Oh well, at least I got to watch the Oakland License Plate Makers lose another one.

It's sad that McGinnis managed to win 4 NFL games with that Division II talent in Arizona and gets fired, while Wannstedt who has mastered the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory gets to stay at Miami.

WickerBill
12-29-03, 12:32 AM
This week in the NFL... Cleveland, Arizona, Detroit, and San Diego all won.

Weird.

fourrunner
12-29-03, 01:08 AM
And who'd of thunk the Rams would lose to Detroit... Giving the Eagles Home Field throughout the playoffs!

Go Eagles!!! :thumbup:

Lizzerd
12-29-03, 01:28 AM
That Arizona/Minnesota finish was unbelievable. I'm not so sure that Arizona receiver would have landed in bounds, though. Tough call for the ref to make considering the implications.

Rams... Choke!

Bengals... Choke!

Happy that my Colts pulled one out. You never know what team is gonna show up each game with those guys sometimes. They blew the first round bye last week and tried to squander a first round home game this week. Whew... New season now. Throw the records out the window.

cart7
12-29-03, 06:07 AM
Yep, who'd a thunk that the Rams would lose to the lowly Lions and it looks like Bulger may be out for the playoffs. Now it's up to that has-been Warner to be a man and pull the Rams through. Here's hoping Mr. Peanut Brittle hands can still remember how to hold onto the ball without dropping it and possibly hit the broad side of a barn with every other pass. :thumbup:

I'm sure if he flubs up, Brenda will call in and explain everything on next Mondays call-in radio sports show. :rolleyes:

nrc
12-29-03, 11:13 AM
Blah.

Another NFL season over for me. It's a shame the Bengals couldn't come through to finish better than even, but Marvin Lewis has started turning things around much faster than I expected.

Ziggy
12-29-03, 12:25 PM
Yeah, the Bengals might get better. Cory Dillion sure sounds like he is out of there. I dont blame him, a team like the 49'ers could showcase his abilities and make the playoffs.

As far as the Vikings go, I think they lost to four 4-12 teams. Im a lifelong Bear Fan, but I dont think Green Bay lucked into anything. Not only that, they could go on a hot streak and burn a couple of teams. Favre is the real deal, and I would not count him out of anything......

Minnasota = Choke. It happened weeks ago against the Chargers, then the Bears

Ziggy

Dr. Corkski
12-31-03, 06:21 PM
Coming to a theater near you...

The Shawshank Redemption 2 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1697545)

Ziggy
12-31-03, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the link

Raiders are really full of themselves eh? I have not liked them since Marv Hubbard and Ted Hendricks retired! Well, those Plunkett years were not too bad!

Im shocked that Wannstadt is still employed... then again, maybe he and Sarah have the same PR agent!

Enjoy the Football Weekend, I will

USC, Michigan, LSU, Oklahoma, who do you like? I think USC got a rip job from the BCS.

Ziggy

Lizzerd
12-31-03, 07:00 PM
USC did get screwed. Rose Bowl will be the best game, too. Pulling for Michigan (I live in Big 10 country). I think Perry will be able to rack up some big yards. Should be a high scoring thriller.

Oklahoma will win by 20 over LSU.

Then come Sunday, GO COLTS!

WickerBill
12-31-03, 07:17 PM
Go Broncos.

Although winning twice in the same style will be very difficult. Shanahan *does* have a little extra over Dungy, though, in the strategy department.

Love the Colts; too bad I have to root for the Manning stigma to continue one more season.

RTKar
12-31-03, 08:56 PM
Bear fan here..............'nuff said.