PDA

View Full Version : Christian Murchison set to join ChampCar

devilmaster
12-22-03, 03:16 PM
From TSN.CA...

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=65301

TSN.ca Staff

12/22/2003

Australian Christian Murchison appears set to join the Champ Car series in 2004. Vitenat Management Group says they are in "serious negotiations" with a leading team to place the 23 year old in the North American series.

"There are a number of options for next year, one of them is Champ Car, said Chris Hocking, head of the management group working on behalf of Murchison. "Several teams have shown an interest in obtaining Christians services for next year."

It's believed Murchison has the backing of a large multinational company and is planning to take part in a test session in late January.

Murchison spent the past year competing in the V6 Formula Renault series, finishing 10th after putting a deal together at the last minute.

Steve

cartcanuck
12-22-03, 04:19 PM
Well this fits with Gentilozzi's comments about wanting an Aussie in the series since they have a race down under.

10th in teh V6 Formula REnault Series? Does that qualify him for a 750hp Champ car? I'm not familiar with Formula Renault. Anyone know anything about this guy?

RR. RS.
12-22-03, 07:51 PM
Last week Kevin K mentioned the possibility of an Aussie in Toyoda Atlantics next year and then making the jump to ChampCars... maybe Christian is who he was talking about... we'll see how the test works out.

Dr. Corkski
12-23-03, 01:58 PM
Well he's got them movie star looks, so I am sure a friend of Andy Hall's will think he is better than Senna.

Ziggy
12-24-03, 01:43 AM
Dr Zhivago wrote:

"so I am sure a friend of Andy Hall's will think he is better than Senna".

For those keeping score at home!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thanks for the guffaws!

Ziggy