PDA

View Full Version : Fernandez Honored @ Premios Fox Sports Awards

chop456
12-20-03, 03:45 AM
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/031219012005.shtml

Fernandez Racing Owner/Driver Adrian Fernandez was honoured last night at the inaugural Premios Fox Sports Awards in Miami, receiving a special award in recognition of his contributions to Latin American auto racing.

Fox Pan American Sports LLC, one of the world’s largest Spanish- language sports television companies, launched the annual awards show to honour the achievements of U.S. Hispanic and Latin America athletes in a variety of sports including soccer, baseball, motorsports, tennis and golf.

Votes were cast by sports fans from across the Americas on Terra.com, the leading U.S. Hispanic Internet portal. “The evening was a great recognition for all Latin athletes,” said Fernandez, who was recognized for his efforts in paving the way for other generations not only in Mexico, but throughout Latin America.

“I have been able to meet a lot of athletes that I had not met before," added Fernandez. "This initiative by Fox Sports rewards the efforts that everyone puts into their sport. It is really nice that they do this for Latin athletes. The award they presented to me means a lot. To be recognized for helping others is a great reward for the efforts in my career, and I just hope it keeps building for our new generations in the future.”

Fernandez also was one of five nominees in the Most Outstanding Latin American Motor Sport Driver category, which included fellow Champ Car drivers Michel Jourdain, Jr., Mario Dominguez and Rodolfo Lavin as well as Formula One star Juan Pablo Montoya, who was presented with the award.

A host of international celebrities and artists attended the awards show, and the evening was highlighted by performances from Latin Grammy Album of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal nominee Alexandre Pires, platinum recording artist Patricia Manterola, former singer of the renowned Mexican performing group Garibaldi and Emmy, ACE and Billboard Magazine awards winner Carlos Ponce.