PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone be able to stop Bruno this year?

JSR
01-25-03, 03:29 PM
I'd like to see PT win. But Newman Haas with the addition of Bruno just seems to tough to beat IMO.

JoeBob
01-25-03, 03:37 PM
I think the fomer-Ford teams will have a slight advantage, as they won't have to learn a new engine, as N-H will.

That said, Bruno is tough to pick against.

devilmaster
01-25-03, 03:45 PM
Although I more of a fan of PT and Carp, I honestly think this will be the breakthrough year for Bruno.

Simple reason, his stress levels dropped exponentially after he left Chip Gannassi. I've felt for a long time that both Bruno and Nic Minassian would be great ChampCar drivers if not for the fact Chip thought he was a talent guru and hired two rookies around the same time he switched engines to an unproven Toyota.

Bruno is going to what would be considered the extreme opposite of owner leadership. Whereas Chip is loud, boisterous, emotional, etc. N-H is more relaxed.

I expect to see great things from Bruno and NHR.

Steve

formulaben
01-25-03, 07:38 PM
His teammate.

rabbit
01-25-03, 08:19 PM
Personally I feel the championship is a three-horse race: PT, Carp and Bruno. Everyone else is battling for fourth.

Ziggy
01-25-03, 11:02 PM
I dont know if Bruno will win. I will pay money to see him race. Dude haul's the mail

Line 'em up

Ziggy

Classic Apex
01-25-03, 11:32 PM
I see it this way...

Junky could be un-stopable. HOWEVER. All new team, all new personel, etc...

PT. All new team, yes. BUT, he will be back with Cicale as his engineer. Tracy had his best success with Cicale as his engineer. They worked some serious magic together.

So...in my opinion it comes down to how quickly or how slowly Junky can adapt to his new surroundings.

I don't think any driver in their right mind wants to give PT a head-start on them.

:cool:

mnkywrch
01-26-03, 12:01 AM
Well, I figure there's four cars with a chance to win the title this year - the two Newman/Haas cars and the two Player's cars.

Everyone else is veteran team with weak driver or veteran driver with weak team. They might turn in some good runs, and get stronger as the season goes, but I can't see them contending for the title.

So I'd say it's either Bruno or his teammate.

01-26-03, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by JSR
I'd like to see PT win. But Newman Haas with the addition of Bruno just seems to tough to beat IMO.

I look for Sebastian to give him a serious run for the title.

HolyCrap
01-26-03, 01:17 PM
I agree that on paper Bruno may be the man this season. But lets not forget how everyone thought Brack was going to run away with things when he moved to Target. We all know how that one worked out!;)

Gurneyflap
01-26-03, 01:32 PM
N/H=Very Strong. Bourdais faster than Bruno, but Junqui may make fewer mistakes. Prediction: If either one dominates or wins the title they're gone to F-1. One year, feeder series nightmare comes true, CART is a mere way-station....SO, I'd like someone to win who plans on sticking around! Now, who could that be?

mapguy
01-26-03, 01:42 PM
I think that this thread whould be titled "Will anyone be able to stop Bruno for runner up this year?"

Why? Cuz....
http://www.cart.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20030120P_0004.jpg

PT is in da house!

Gurneyflap
01-26-03, 02:01 PM
Admirable and brave post, Mappie...and may I add, if he DOESN'T win it this year he should tend to his CARTing interests full time? He may be in da house, but the doors ain't locked!

molive
01-27-03, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by formulaben
His teammate.

nah. Bourdais may be fast, but Bruno got the experience. He knows the circuits and is a master of ovals too.

BJ all the way! :up:

jdcooper
01-28-03, 12:42 PM
Thread may be better titled:
Will anyone be able to stop Bruno from whining this year

owfan
01-28-03, 12:43 PM
Paul Tracy

RacinM3
01-28-03, 12:47 PM
Yep, the more I see of Tracy, the more I like him.

When, 10 years from now, people look back and asked what sort of attitude it was that saved CART, it'll be PT's name, not Bruno's, that comes up most often (but not to take anything away from Bruno).

I gotta pull for him to take it to N/H and Bruno on the track, too.