PDA

View Full Version : Sebring anyone? Bueller?

Dirty Sanchez
12-18-03, 01:09 PM
Who's going?

First timer here and I'd like some dirt on how to do this one right. Camping at the track is my preference...

TIA :thumbup:

RacinM3
12-18-03, 08:02 PM
There's a decent thread going here: http://bbs.sccaproracing.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003019.html

Barton
12-18-03, 09:12 PM
I knew it was a party... but it sounds like a real big party. Maybe I will be enticed into camping... ;)

Oh, and here's another thread:

http://www.imsaracing.net/dcforum/DCForumID1/4586.html

cart7
12-19-03, 07:06 AM
Just make sure you avoid the drunk guy with a name tag on, he's carrying a gun. ;)

Dirty Sanchez
12-19-03, 10:26 AM
That's enough to get me started... thanks! :thumbup:

Party on :p

Dirty Sanchez
01-12-04, 11:53 AM
^bump^

...and a quick mention that I ordered tix this morning. There aren't many deals left in this world, but this event surely is one of them. $75 4-day Superticket and $10 one-time parking/camping fee. :thumbup:

That's like a sore peter... can't beat it. :gomer:

Sheeeez, I've turned into Warlock! :rofl:

flobee1kenobi
01-13-04, 12:20 PM
Sheeeez, I've turned into Warlock!

I think they have some medication for that! :rolleyes:

Warlock!
01-13-04, 12:47 PM
That's like a sore peter... can't beat it. :gomer:

No pain, no gain. Sometimes you hafta work through it...

Winter Warlock!

chop456
01-14-04, 12:02 AM
I'm considering Sebring and trying for Road Atlanta. Kinda' depends on what happens w/ CART.

chop456
01-14-04, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah - where does one fly into when going to Sebring? West Palm Beach would be convenient due to a relatives/2 birds with one stone kinda' deal, but is there something closer?

Dirty Sanchez
01-14-04, 01:29 PM
I'm considering Sebring and trying for Road Atlanta. Kinda' depends on what happens w/ CART.DUDE! :eek: NICE :thumbup:

Not so sure on nearest airport (we're drivin'). I know Tampa is only 90 mins away. Talk to Downshift62, he's flying down.

chop456
01-14-04, 03:21 PM
DUDE! :eek: NICE :thumbup:

Not so sure on nearest airport (we're drivin'). I know Tampa is only 90 mins away. Talk to Downshift62, he's flying down.

I am in communiction with DS. :cool:

This all hinges on $. The possibility of free airfare is there.

Spousal resistance has been minimal.

More to follow.

Dirty Sanchez
01-14-04, 05:52 PM
I am in communiction with DS. :cool:

This all hinges on $. The possibility of free airfare is there.

Spousal resistance has been minimal.

More to follow.Spring Break without the spousal unit? :eek:

What happens in Sebring stays in Sebring. ;) :D

RacinM3
01-14-04, 08:32 PM
Fly into Tampa. You'll find Sebring dead center in the middle of the state, close to pretty much nothing.

But, it is a GREAT track!

Cam
01-14-04, 11:18 PM
Damn I want to..... Damn I can't at that time..... Damn maybr I can......... I want to so bad..... Just depends on where the startup is....... Arrgghhh! Talk about Lousy timing!

Dirty Sanchez
01-26-04, 05:52 PM
Got my tix on Friday...

Where you at chop? :cool: :o

chop456
01-30-04, 04:42 AM
Got my tix on Friday...

Where you at chop?

Wifey was supposed to call her uncle to score me a flight voucher, but hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Must be all those naps. :rolleyes: :D

I'm taking the law into my own hands if it's not done by Saturday. If I can get a voucher, I'm in! Off-airport car rental in Orlando for $10/day. :cool:

Dirty Sanchez
01-30-04, 10:54 AM
FYI: Domestic violence works wonders. :gomer:

chop456
02-01-04, 03:30 PM
I'm in! :thumbup:

TurboTodd
02-15-04, 04:46 PM
Wife and I are headed down that week, and we're going this year.. Probably Saturday only, unless I can convince her that the party would be worth it on Friday night...

TT

Dirty Sanchez
03-13-04, 06:53 PM
:bump: :gomer:

I can't wait! Cars on the track soon... :thumbup:

chop456
03-13-04, 07:24 PM
C'mon you crazy, impulse-traveling race fans, get there! :cool:

Warlock!
03-15-04, 09:46 AM
C'mon you crazy, impulse-traveling race fans, get there! :cool:
Pffft... you SUCKERS! Going to that race when the whole thing is gonna be televised, start to finish. Man, I'm gonna have the best seat in the house! If anything happens during the race and you're not quite sure what's goin' on, just gimme a ring... I'm sure I'll be kept up-to-date at all times with the scrolling leaderboard, in-car cameras, and instant replays. My keg will be fully primed and other than trips to refill the beer glass, my comfy chair will be there for me. The only drawback about my Sebring viewing experience will be an occasional conversation with the wife. Oh... and my kids... I'll probably have to feed them once or twice during the day. Let's see... Saturday... yeah, they're gonna need baths and stuff too. I'll probably have to take a short break from the race now and then to clean the garage, but that's no big deal. Damn! The wife is gonna start gettin pissed at me for sitting in front of the TV all day getting loaded... any chance of gettin' a lil' love that weekend will get thrown out the window. I wonder if the mother-in-law will stop by. THAT would be a treat :rolleyes:... Other than that it should be the prefect way to watch a race...

:(

B@stards... :flame:

WInter Warlock!