PDA

View Full Version : The end of Junk Email is already here???

JohnHKart
12-17-03, 07:00 PM
In the past week, I've noticed that junk email in my junk folder on hotmail has slowed to a trickle. I just recently went about 36 hours without checking it, only to find 11 junk emails in that folder on my return. Between 4am and last night and 230 pm today there was only one junk email in that folder. In the past there would normally be about 20-25 or more in the same time period, and over 36 hours there could be upwards of 60 or more. It's really amazing to see this. With my Inbox set to exclusive and safe lists, junk mail really has not been a problem for me lately, but still it is great to see it flowing to almost nothing.

JH

Lizzerd
12-17-03, 07:35 PM
I have a hotmail account too, that I never use, and I've set up Outlook Express to check it every time I check any of my email accounts. You're right. I usually delete 5 - 10 spams a day, but lately it's maybe one or two or none. Heck, I don't even know how the spammers got the addy. I've only used it a handful of times.

Robstar
12-17-03, 09:18 PM
My Hotmail still gets 100-120 every day...
My Yahoo, on the other hand, has slowed right down to nothing :thumbup:

Cam
12-17-03, 11:29 PM
I am now gwtting spam on my primary E-mail address...... Time to get medevil....... Bastards!

Kiwifan
12-21-03, 12:12 AM
For three days in a row I got only 1 junk email so well done Hotmail, better late than never. ;)

Rusty.

cartcanuck
12-22-03, 05:03 PM
Yup, same here. Since they did a little redesign on the site, I'm lucky if I delete 7 or 8 a day...max! What a nice change from 30-40 a day! I actually don't mind checking my hotmail now :)

It's about time!!!

nz_climber
12-22-03, 10:02 PM
yeah they did well, i gone from about 10 -15 a day to the 10-15 a week :thumbup: