PDA

View Full Version : Another part of childhood is gone . . .

IlliniRacer
12-16-03, 12:06 PM
http://www.kskssports.com/ksks_sports/sports_illustrated/1970s/images/si7023.jpeg

Rest in Peace, Maggy :(

Magnuson killed in crash (http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2003/12/191722.html)

devilmaster
12-16-03, 02:12 PM
Ex Leaf Captain Ramage charged in auto Death. (http://www.torontostar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1071581183040&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154)

Rest in Peace, Keith.

Steve

chop456
12-16-03, 02:48 PM
Couldn't believe it when I first read that. He used to come on the Kevin Matthews show every once in a while.

Sad.

Turn7
12-16-03, 03:43 PM
Sad for his family. I had never heard of him though. Growing up in the South, the only hockey players I ever even heard of were Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzsky. I couldn't even tell you what teams those two played for.

cart7
12-16-03, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Sad for his family. I had never heard of him though. Growing up in the South, the only hockey players I ever even heard of were Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzsky. I couldn't even tell you what teams those two played for.
Didn't Gallagher do a funny bit one time about re-naming the Northeastern part of the United States, "Hockey" ? :laugh:

RTKar
12-16-03, 07:53 PM
Extremely sad. He was just at our local rink this past weekend signing autographs and skating with folks to help raise money for some major, and costly, maintenance work that needs to be done. He was a bearcat on the ice but a true gentleman off it. He's been very active in the Chicago area since his playing days ended... he'll be missed.

Railbird
12-16-03, 08:27 PM
Didn't Gallagher do a funny bit one time

no

Don Quixote
12-16-03, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Didn't Gallagher do a funny bit one time

no

Now, now. I thought the idea of selling houses out by the airport to deaf people was mildly amusing. Don't make me start a "best of Gallagher" thread!

And not to be disrespectful. Magnuson was a good and well respected hockey player. I think he played his college hockey at the University of Denver. Very sad. :(

devilmaster
12-16-03, 08:53 PM
"The Amazing Master Tool and Die Company, a division of fly-by-night industries, has entrusted who? Me!, to show you the handiest and dandiest kitchen tool, and don't you want to know how it works?"

:D
Steve

Lizzerd
12-16-03, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
"The Amazing Master Tool and Die Company, a division of fly-by-night industries, has entrusted who? Me!, to show you the handiest and dandiest kitchen tool, and don't you want to know how it works?"

Steve

No

devilmaster
12-17-03, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
No

"You take an ordinary apple. You place the apple between the patented pans. Then you reach for the tool that is not a slicer. Its not a dicer. Its not a chopper in a hopper! What the hell could it possibly be?!?"

Lizzerd
12-17-03, 05:09 AM
SLEDGE-A-MATIC!

devilmaster
04-22-05, 09:45 PM
[UPDATE]

Sportsnet.ca -- Former Toronto Maple Leaf captain Rob Ramage faces life in prison after being committed to stand trial in the death of former Chicago Black Hawk defenceman Keith Magnuson.

A four-day preliminary hearing in a Newmarket, Ont. courtoom concluded Thursday with Ramage facing three charges including impaired driving causing death which brings a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

A pre-trial hearing is set for June 30.

In December 2003, Ramage and Magnuson were on their way home from a funeral for Keith McCreary, chair of the NHL Alumni Association, when the car they were in was involved in a horrific crash which resulted in Magnuson's death.

Steve

Jervis Tetch 1
04-22-05, 10:29 PM
As a long-time Blues fan, I remember Keith Magnuson. Very dependable player and yes, very tough.

I am saddened.

Paintergeek
04-22-05, 10:40 PM
This was in 12/03, I think he was just updating the story sine the other cat is now being charged in it. I was at the antique mall today and saw an old table top metal hockey game with him and goride on the cover. Neat.

As a long-time Blues fan, I remember Keith Magnuson. Very dependable player and yes, very tough.

I am saddened.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-24-05, 01:09 AM
This was in 12/03, I think he was just updating the story sine the other cat is now being charged in it. I was at the antique mall today and saw an old table top metal hockey game with him and goride on the cover. Neat.Geez, show's you how long I've been out of it. I honestly didn't know that or remember it. :o