PDA

View Full Version : To our Trolling friends from TF

DjDrOmusic
12-16-03, 12:37 AM
Please excuse us CART fans while we gloat over the fact that some real men with real business experience and real common sense, have decided to take over the Champcar World Series, yes series, meaning PROFESSIONAL, as opposed to league, as in little without much hope of progress. We have watched with horror as drivers who used to ply their trade in the CWS, have been broken and beaten into submission like test crash dummies, while the people who run that "league" explain away safety shortcomings and design faults as non issues in the grand scheme of Tony's vision. We have protested louder than you, the IRL fans, to the media and to the IRL, to admit that there is a problem and do something to make the cars safer. Admitting a fault is not admitting failure it is standing up and doing the right thing. We have been met with insults, brow beating, name calling and reminded how CART was dying, while your forum posters have gleefully pushed false attendance figures and bleachers being removed from your one BIG race as signs that your "league" is growing. In it's self proclaimed beakout year, with stolen teams, drivers and manufacturers, the pictures in the media and on your broadcast partners networks told the truth, nobody that was a fan of CART followed and the same pathetic crowds were attending. As CART fans, we now look to a brighter future, with good venues where fans want to be, and racing that is real, not manufactured. I for one am done trying to make sense of Tony George's goals, visions or ideals that a few people seem to have subscribed to. If you are happy watching cars that are attempting to be Champcars going in circles and driven by drivers who have obviously decided that their carreers are no longer important enough to pursue higher goals, who am I to argue? Have fun with your particular brand of racing, and I sincerely hope that one day, the Indianapolis 500 will once again be considered an important race in the grand scheme of a race drivers "must win" category. For those of us who follow the CWS, it's onward to 2004 and beyond.

FTG
12-16-03, 07:52 AM
Well said. I'd like to add FTG.

sadams
12-16-03, 11:12 AM
Good post. You have to understand that to the Gommers there is only one race that matters. Saddly that race is just a shadow of it's former self.

Ziggy
12-16-03, 04:39 PM
Good post

Ziggy

RacinM3
12-16-03, 10:26 PM
What's this "IRL" you speak of?

Jag_Warrior
12-17-03, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by RacinM3
What's this "IRL" you speak of?

I don't know why they're always hammering on the IRL. Sounds like a nice company to me. IRL (http://www.irlbiopharm.com/)

indyfan31
12-17-03, 09:13 PM
Do I want to know what that yellow fluid is?

RacinM3
12-18-03, 01:11 AM
TG's latest recovery program-mandated urine analysis, I think.

RaceChic
12-18-03, 01:29 AM
Nicely said. I will take that one as said on my and our behalf. :D