PDA

View Full Version : Brack Crash Pics!

XFT
12-15-03, 06:44 PM
http://www.btinternet.com/~aaron.edwards83/ukf1/images/IRL_03_Texas500_Kenny_Brack_Article_14th_Oct_2003. jpg

Amazing.

Ziggy
12-15-03, 06:49 PM
No big deal, they have one of these at every race almost.........

Ziggy

Turn7
12-15-03, 07:30 PM
One question in regards to the last statement in the article, if the Indianapolis 500 is "famous", why do you have to say that it is famous?

JT265
12-15-03, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
One question in regards to the last statement in the article, if the Indianapolis 500 is "famous", why do you have to say that it is famous?

'cause if you keep repeating the same verse day in and day out, you and everyone else will one day believe it to be true.

- Hermman Goering. Berlin 1938.

Turn7
12-15-03, 08:00 PM
Maybe there is an imposter out there promoting and owning a nonfamous Indy 500.

I wonder who that would be?

RacinM3
12-15-03, 08:25 PM
Wow, I'm glad he survived.

RichK
12-15-03, 08:35 PM
Oh c'mon, cars crash all the time.

The real question is: how fast did Eddie Gossage's crack team repair the fence?

lone_groover
12-15-03, 09:07 PM
Hell, if THEY don't care, why should we?

Maybe start a DEAD WANKER SOCIETY pool next year....make the carnage at least a little interesting - and a little sporting.

:thumdown:

Railbird
12-15-03, 09:25 PM
while I'm thankful Kenny is getting up and around in time to celebrate the birth of his kid, I can't help but think the IRL has dodged this kind of bullet for quite a while.

Their concerns with safety have rang as hallowly as the NHL's concerns with fighting. While they pad the fences and fleece the manufactures for engine reconfigurations, they step carefully around any real aero changes that would return driving tactics and skills into the equation. Keeping the field packed regardless is sure to result in this kind of destruction.

Racewriter
12-15-03, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
while I'm thankful Kenny is getting up and around in time to celebrate the birth of his kid, I can't help but think the IRL has dodged this kind of bullet for quite a while.

Their concerns with safety have rang as hallowly as the NHL's concerns with fighting. While they pad the fences and fleece the manufactures for engine reconfigurations, they step carefully around any real aero changes that would return driving tactics and skills into the equation. Keeping the field packed regardless is sure to result in this kind of destruction.

You are correct, Bird...

JoeBob
12-15-03, 11:58 PM
XFT, are you one of those folks who refers to The Weekly World News as "the paper?"

Where did you find this?!

RaceGrrl
12-16-03, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Hell, if THEY don't care, why should we?

Maybe start a DEAD WANKER SOCIETY pool next year....make the carnage at least a little interesting - and a little sporting.
:thumdown:

I did that at CW early in the season this year. The thread was pulled though- probably just a little over the line.

cart7
12-16-03, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Railbird

It'll be alright after Indy 'bird, they'll be traveling at least 10mph slower when the carnage begins. Think of the clarity of the camera shots we'll have when the cameramen have that split second more to focus in on the disintergrating carbon fiber.

mapguy
12-16-03, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by JT265
'cause if you keep repeating the same verse day in and day out, you and everyone else will one day believe it to be true.

- Hermman Goering. Berlin 1938.

May I call you Meyer?

:D

Cam
12-16-03, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by JoeBob
XFT, are you one of those folks who refers to The Weekly World News as "the paper?"

Where did you find this?!

About as good as WWN..... The Sun (http://www.thesun.newsint-archive.co.uk/pages/Ssam.asp?pubsel=TSN&SrchText=brack&datetype=3m&DateFromDD=Day&DateFromMM=Month&DateFromYY=Year&DateToDD=Day&DateToMM=Month&DateToYY=Year&ResultListMax=100&head=&byline=&sect=&Caption=&edn=&page=&SortOrder=Desc&SortField=Date&Submit1=Search&BackDD=Day&BackMM=Month&BackYY=Year&source=thesun&SortField=Pub&SortOrder=asc&SortField=EDN&SortOrder=asc&SortField=Page&SortOrder=asc&ST=NS&SortSpec=&ResultMaxDocs=100&Site=ALL&Collection=NI&ResultCount=20&summreqd=yes&indexkey=20CC3931334297144040) Last result on the search page. Need a subscription tho.:thumdown:

rocketdocket
12-16-03, 07:16 PM
Well said, Railbird.

RD