PDA

View Full Version : Very proud to be an American

mello
12-14-03, 12:30 PM
My son joined the Navy right out of high school. (they picked him up at home on Christmas Day 1976) We were lucky in the fact that there was nothing going on then and that he never had to go anywhere other than Norfolk. He loved the Navy, really really loved it but he got married and his wife hated the thought that the next four years they would have to go overseas. So he left. She left him less than a year later. He misses it to this day but a few weeks ago he graduated from computer gaming school (fullsail) thanks to the Navy and the college funds they gave them. Had it not been for the Navy giving him all this he would have never been able to do because I was a single mom most his life with no way I could have paid for him. Today talking to him and him talking about how great this is for moral of the guys over there made me think of this. (plus he is going to be home this week for Christmas for almost 3 weeks and I am so happy!)

Ratattack
12-14-03, 03:51 PM
Congrats to your son for serving our country and now Graduating. To both of you and your family, I wish a very happy and safe holiday season mello..:thumbup: :cool: