PDA

View Full Version : A little story

rocket
12-10-03, 11:12 PM
Last weekend my daughter Brittany was with me. We made some Christmas goodies, and put up my decorations. Before we started decorating, she asked me, "you do have stockings for us" I told her yes I did, the ones we bought last year down in Pigeon Forge TN. She was like OK, good. I asked her why she was worried about it because she‘s known the S.Claus secret for 2 years now. She just told me she likes the way I still put presents in there for her and play it up. She told me even though she doesn’t believe in S.Claus anymore she still likes the whole idea of it…the spirit of it she tells me. This is coming from a 10 year old here, sometimes it seems like I’m speaking with someone that is much older, the way she rationalizes things, and presents her case. So she tells me that sooner or later everyone has to know the S.Claus secret. If they didn’t when the kids grew up to be parents, and had children of there own…who would bring the gifts to put under the tree. She said they’d all be sitting around Christmas morning with no gifts from Santa thinking well this sucks. That was word for word what she said, I might ad she is also very aware of the true meaning of Christmas. This year she is packing up her Barbie collection…well all except the collectible Harley Davidson and Millenium Barbies, and donating them to charity for girls who have less than her. This is a decision she has made on her own.

Not a day goes by that I don’t look back on the time we have together that I don’t get a chuckle out of something she said or did, and I look forward to the next time we will be together.

Thank You Lord for such a treasure…things like this make me realize how rich I really am.

RaceGrrl
12-10-03, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by rocket

Thank You Lord for such a treasure…things like this make me realize how rich I really am.

You should be really proud to have a daughter like Brit. It's not surprising that she's so generous- she has a great dad.

Cam
12-10-03, 11:33 PM
:thumbup: nuff said!

nz_climber
12-11-03, 03:22 PM
Great stuff Rocket :)

You must be so proud :thumbup:

Lizzerd
12-12-03, 09:34 PM
Great story, rocket. I've got a little story of my own, but it's not nearly as good, and quite a bit different. Ok, it's about me when I was near her age.

For my family, Santa always visited my grandmother's house. My mother was her only child, so it was always just me and my two younger brothers, my parents, and Gramma. One year, I was on the cusp of believing that the fat man existed. We always put a snack out for him, of course. That year it was a bottle (remember those?) of 7-up, and cookies. The next morning, sure enough, in place of the cookies were a few crumbs, and the bottle was empty. BUT there were a few gray hairs on the mouth of the bottle! Obviously, they were from Santa's beard, I thought. So, for one more year, I believed.

Railbird
12-12-03, 10:21 PM
cool story rocket.