PDA

View Full Version : The College Football National Championship...

Dr. Corkski
12-07-03, 07:06 PM
...will be decided at the Rose Bowl in Pasedena. :flame:

JoeBob
12-07-03, 07:18 PM
As it should be!

After a few years of the Rose Bowl being jerked around by the BCS, the Granddaddy of them all gets the last laugh.

The Rose Bowl gets the best Big Ten/Pac Ten matchup in years, the Sugar Bowl gets LSU, and the folks who think the farce called the BCS can actually produce a national champ get a well placed slap in the face. (Notice the lack of whining by USC players/coaches? Those kids grew up dreaming of going to the Rose Bowl, not some game in New Orleans!)

IMHO, things worked out wonderfully.

Lizzerd
12-07-03, 07:37 PM
That's nonsense. No you, Dr., I mean the BCS thing. The whole concept should be dropped. Play the post season games as per tradition or have a four or eight team play off.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the voters in the coach's poll obligated to vote the winner of the Sugar Bowl #1? OK #3 vs. LSU #2 and USC #1 vs. MI #4. Say LSU wins small and USC wins big. Who is #1? Say OK and USC win. Who is #1? Does MI have a shot if they blow out USC and LSU and OK play to a 10 - 7 game? So stupid. I agree that the best game will be the Rose Bowl, as it should be. Pac-10 vs Big-10.

My prediction: OK wins by two touchdowns and MI beats USC 24 - 21. OK voted National Champion.

rabbit
12-08-03, 02:00 AM
Ahem...

Go Blue! :eek:

(Hiding in shame and fear.) :gomer:

RobGuru
12-08-03, 02:31 PM
BCS should be terminated... now!!

Go to 16 team playoff immediately. Take the 11 conference champs and the next highest ranked 5 teams. Start playing. Decide the thing on the field!!

Ziggy
12-08-03, 05:35 PM
I loved the K State victory. That sure threw those Bowl Guys for a loop!

Ziggy

Turn7
12-08-03, 07:22 PM
I say the winner of the Fishbowl should be crowned National Champ.

Average the AP and Coach's polls and throw the top 4 college names in a fishbowl and draw one out.

There you go...winner of the fishbowl.

Ankf00
12-08-03, 08:49 PM
if there is a playoff, no team with more losses than the worst record in the top 5 should be considered for inclusion, imo.

WickerBill
12-08-03, 08:53 PM
The only way out of this is a two-team shootout after the bowls; for instance, a title game during the week off before the Super Bowl. Problem is, most years, it's not needed. This year, more than likely, you'll need one between OK and USC. And of course, it would be worth huge money, so there's no way the networks and schools would allow one to be played ONLY when necessary. They'd want the cash flow every year.

WB

JoeBob
12-08-03, 09:52 PM
And, if the schools started reeling in the cash a game like that would produce, the players would demand a cut too.

And the question of if/how to compensate the players for that big of a payday is the real reason a college football playoff will never happen.

Turn7
12-09-03, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by JoeBob
And, if the schools started reeling in the cash a game like that would produce, the players would demand a cut too.

And the question of if/how to compensate the players for that big of a payday is the real reason a college football playoff will never happen.

I think getting a free ride on an education is payment...along with the rubberstamped passing grades, and the life long "brotherhood" of the alumni that will "take good care" of these people and place them in higher paying positions than they merit on mental ability for the rest of their life. Yes that is stereotypicla but, the stereotype exists for a reason. There are exceptions but they aren't the rule.

Ankf00
12-09-03, 03:32 PM
I know our AD will be hurting next year... no BCS $... how will they fund all those 'company car' SUV's for the players? *gasp*