PDA

View Full Version : PT's "backup" plan

XFT
12-07-03, 04:31 PM
I've heard a lot of things, on the forums, from people, in the papers on where PT would go...

He does have offers in nascar and probably in the IRL, but thank god he wants to go sportscar racing after his CART career is over. He has some offers from ALMS teams (i hope they are prototypes)!! :D

Lizzerd
12-07-03, 05:19 PM
I'm glad you said "after his CART career" and not "when CART dies". Otherwise, I'd have to beat you about the head and shoulders and give you a :flame:

I hope he doesn't go roundy-round tintopping, and we'll have to wait until the Cubs win the World Series for him to go to TG's league. ALMS would be good. Very good. PT is a road racer, and I hope he realizes it.

Hot Rod Otis
12-07-03, 08:16 PM
From the August '03 issue of Motor Trend, in the People section, which had a brief Q & A with PT.

Q: "If CART vanished tomorrow, what would you do?"

PT: "I don't know. I'd like to do some endurance racing. I'd like to drive Le Mans. I'd like to drive the Daytona 500. I haven't given it much thought."

XFT
12-07-03, 09:23 PM
ALMS is cool. I want to follow it a lot more next year, happy PT has some common sense...

Railbird
12-07-03, 09:57 PM
I like PT and I enjoy the ALMS, but if Childres comes a calling and PT still wants to pull down the big bucks he'll listen.

I don't see him having much success in a front engine solid rear axle deal, and would rather see him blasting around in a prototype, but money talks and bs walks.

He shouldn't have much to worry about as long as OWR is alive and Forsythe keeps writing the checks.

FRANKY
12-08-03, 01:19 PM
He would get paid for 2004 regardless.