PDA

View Full Version : Gettin hammered.

mapguy
12-06-03, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately I'm not talking about alcohol. :( It has been snowing like crazy here since sometime last night. I woke up this morning and there were about4 inches on the ground. Around noon I went to do a beer run and there were 8 inches and it was still coming down hard. It hasn't stopped. The weather people are saying we could get 18" by the time it's over.

Cam
12-06-03, 04:15 PM
The good news is that you have beer! :D

Warlock!
12-06-03, 06:03 PM
You're in NY, yeah? Lessee...

Tie down the sleds, hook up the trailer, toss the snowmobile suits in the pick-up, calculating distance...

OK! I'll see ya at noon tomorrow... I'll bring more beer! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Warlock!

JT265
12-06-03, 06:05 PM
Good thing you knowed where you come from Mapper. 'Course, you could be up here where we don't got none and there ain't a cloud in the sky either. :D

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-03, 02:37 AM
I hate everything about the snow except driving in it. Salt is the enemy to me!

This is my first winter with snow tires (a friend of mine who had a Miata gave them to me...the size is a bit off but they fit the rims I had so it worked out), I can't believe I never bought these sooner! I sware these tires (Blizzak MZ-02) have more grip in the snow than my old Michelins had in the rain! Of course it doesn't hurt that the Michelins were cording in the rear by the time I replaced them, but even when they were newer they sucked. :)

Anyone who has a RWD that they leave in the garage for the winter doesn't know what they are missing. Even a tail-heavy car like the MR2 has very controllable oversteer with a decent set of snow tires.

mapguy
12-07-03, 08:40 AM
7:35am and it is still coming down hard. This is the longest snow storm I have ever seen since moving here. 15 inches so far (and don't ask me how I measured it...)

Originally posted by Warlock!
You're in NY, yeah? Lessee...

Tie down the sleds, hook up the trailer, toss the snowmobile suits in the pick-up, calculating distance...

OK! I'll see ya at noon tomorrow... I'll bring more beer! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Warlock!

How can anyone say no to that? (other than my wife...)

Originally posted by JT265
Good thing you knowed where you come from Mapper. 'Course, you could be up here where we don't got none and there ain't a cloud in the sky either.

Corse I dun knowed were I come from. Dat's one ting I hate about being in a foreign country. Too many dang foreigners.

SteveH
12-07-03, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
7:35am and it is still coming down hard. This is the longest snow storm I have ever seen since moving here. 15 inches so far (and don't ask me how I measured it...)

Not to pry, but are you wearing pants?

RobGuru
12-08-03, 02:37 PM
Eeeewwwwwww!

As Vader would say...

"Impressive... most impressive!!"