PDA

View Full Version : How to get your World Superbike round pulled -- by Mont Tremblant

Barton
12-03-03, 04:42 PM
Step 1: Get a World Superbike round on the SBK schedule for 2004
Step 2: Say you'll change the track to get it FIM homologated for 2004
Step 3: Have the track president not show up when the FIM and SBK inspectors show up.
Step 4: Ask for a deposit from the promoter so he can rent the track.
Step 5: Piss off everyone else.
Step 6: Have your World Superbike round promptly yanked off the calendar.

:thumbup: Way to go, Mont Tremblant!

Why the event was cancelled... my personal favorite part of this story will be pasted below...

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=7964

(Levert is Daniel Levert of JD Levert Productions, Ltd. the promoter of the proposed SBK event... Ney is Michael Nay, President of Mont Tremblant)

But the main issue preventing World Superbike from coming to Mont-Tremblant in 2004 boils down to the fact that Levert has refused to pay a deposit to secure a date on the track’s 2004 schedule, according to Ney.

“I said, ‘Daniel, we would love to do an event. Give me a check and I’ll hold the dates.’ And he said, ‘What, you don’t trust me?’ What a leading question. I don’t trust anybody,” said Ney. “We’ve got track days booked next year, quite a few, and everybody gives us a deposit otherwise you just can’t deal. Race promoters are next to bad stock-and-bond promoters as far as I’m concerned. If you’re serious about it, surely you’ve got a little bit of money you can put forward and we’ll hold the date…We can’t do business unless we have a deposit.” Ney said a letter of intent between Levert and Mont-Tremblant for a track rental on July 2-4, 2004 expired October 15, 2003 when Levert refused to pay a deposit for the date and a vintage car race was scheduled in its place.

When asked to comment on Ney’s charge that he refused to pay the required deposit, Levert lost his temper and said, “That’s bull****! It was always our intention to give a deposit. When he comes up with these f--king stories that there wasn’t yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh. That’s BS. That’s major BS. It’s a guy who’s trying to squeeze out of a situation where he f--ked up. He never showed up at the track when a major player in the World Superbike Championship series was up at his track in order to inspect it, in order to bring an international event to his goddamn track and he didn’t even show his f--king face.

“I’m pissed, man! I’m pissed and my f--king thoughts are coming out of my mouth right now, so forget Mont-Tremblant. They will not be a heat of the World Superbike Championship series in Mont-Tremblant with the attitude these bastards are having.

“They said they want this event in Mont-Tremblant, and now they are turning it all the way around. He’s the one who told me the bridge had to be changed. He knew about that. He knows that there has to be major changes to the track, and now he’s telling you, ‘We’re waiting for a deposit.’ (laughs) That’s bull****! I think (track ownership) never intended to do any changes to the track and to just tell us to go and f--k ourselves and that’s why he’s saying all this bull****. Come on, a deposit?…How can we make a deposit if we don’t even know if the track is going to be homologated? That would be one helluva question to ask that motherf--ker.”